Notices

Best chip for 6.0 ford deisel

Old 03-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best chip for 6.0 ford deisel

Ford finally stepped up and gave me such a stupid deal on a brand new 6.0 after having 3 issues with the motor, so I'm going with a new ford plus could'nt find a lbz equipped like I wanted, looks like the banks, edge, bullydog are the best,also probably going with the turbo back 5" exhaust again, what would all you deisel guys recommend for performance enhancements and what about the banks bundle? thanks Is there a place that is best to buy this stuff or gives oso discounts. I currently have the edge with attitude 2 years old but just not sure if it is the best or up to date,
Old 03-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Best chip for 6.0 ford deisel

My superchips tuner has been great in mine. It runs very hard and and can be taken in and out very easily. I drive another 6.0L with the edge, and pulling the same boats the Superchips has lower egts. The edge has pretty rough manors every once in a while. I like the shifts more with the superchips too. My $.02
Old 03-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Heres my 6.0 after adding the superchips tuner. It had a muffler delete pipe on it. This saturday I had the Silverline Stainless duals put on. 3.5" downpipe, no cat, 4" pipes and 5" tips. Sounds real good, and looks great, especially when I nail it and black smoke pours out both sides

http://media.putfile.com/740ft-lbs

http://media.putfile.com/f250-with-superchips-tuner
Old 03-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

WWW.innovativediesel.com ask for eric.. SCT
www.DIESELPERFORMANCEPARTS.COM ask for Mark Craig MBRP cool duals exhaust. and get some gauges from either. When you talk to mark Craig he will try and sell you a Edge Platinum which is good but nowhere as good as the SCT for power and shifting. Trust me I own both. I also own both the chevy and Ford that you looked at and bought. I turned a 13.71 a few months ago on my xtreme race tune which is my daily driver and tow up to 8k pounds, anything more I use one of my other files and it takes 45 seconds to change out. Check out what Troutly said www.dieselstop.com go to aftermarket 6.0 New custom tunes came out and are perfect and more driver friendly. Call if you have Qs. Jeff
Old 03-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Registered

jassman what turner do you recomend on the chevy
Old 03-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mikes280
jassman what turner do you recomend on the chevy
The GMC we just got. Not modded yet. On previous GMs I used Quadzilla and Edge with good results. The Chevys have less transmission problems, but when they go, they go, into default limp mode. The Fords tranny has a learning mode, I actually like this tranny better, but prefer the GMC Duramax diesel better. The power is also better (GM) comparing stock to stock by about .7/10ths of a sec in a quarter and 5/10ths towing same 10k trailer on a freeway from 30 to 70mph, or 1/2 a truck length. Also quieter, I am a GM man, but honestly prefer the Ford for what I do, tougher truck at 85% civilized compared to the GMC.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

SCT for the fords only way to go. for an upgraded transmission look at a suncoast set up. For exhaust look toward mbrp or silverline. With the big programs I would reccomend running a boost and pyro gauge on the truck.

For the chevy depending on what year model and motor it has ie lb7 lbz lly would be the deciding factor. i have the quadzilla race tune with a mac intake and a 5" exhaust with some other goodies but with this set up and a pusher pump for fuel I am able to crank out 486 hp and just under the 1000trq mark. When all cranked up with the drugs and stacked I am well over that mark on stock turbo but a built suncoast tranny to get it to the ground.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JPD Motorsports
SCT for the fords only way to go. for an upgraded transmission look at a suncoast set up. For exhaust look toward mbrp or silverline. With the big programs I would reccomend running a boost and pyro gauge on the truck.

For the chevy depending on what year model and motor it has ie lb7 lbz lly would be the deciding factor. i have the quadzilla race tune with a mac intake and a 5" exhaust with some other goodies but with this set up and a pusher pump for fuel I am able to crank out 486 hp and just under the 1000trq mark. When all cranked up with the drugs and stacked I am well over that mark on stock turbo but a built suncoast tranny to get it to the ground.
I also have the Mac intake, it has the largest opening a full 6" vs 4" on others. Havent had any problems with that intake vs one of my AFE. AFE does filters the best. Do you have any times on that Chevy, Thanks Jeff
Old 03-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Charter Member

We have had some great results with the bully dog, triple dog. You can shift on the fly with the programmer itself or you can add the outlook monitor so you can shift on the fly and monitor all the vitals.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Registered

I personally went with the Edge/with attitude a Bassani 4" turbo back exhaust and an Airaid intake box/filter. I went with the Edge because I could remove it for warranty issues if need be and it leaves no telltale footprint for the dealer to find as it plugs in to the outside of the computer instead of reprogramming the computer itself thru the obdII port. The downside of the Edge unit was when I traded trucks a couple of months ago, the unit from my 04 wouldn't work with my 06 and Edge won't update the existing units, ya gotta replace it....that sucked.

Quick Reply: Best chip for 6.0 ford deisel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.