Notices

midsize SUV?

Old 10-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: midsize SUV?

Hey Mike, GMC has a new smaller suv called an Acadia. Not sure if it has the room you need but I saw one at a small auto show in Flint and it is nice. The interior was awesome 4 GM in my opinion. I believe it is at the GMC website. Front or all wheel drive w/ a vv v6 engine! Good luck, Tracy
Old 10-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Registered

Mike, I would second the Pathfinder or 4runner. Unfortunately the Jeep will spend more time in the shop than on the road. Too bad because even in stock form a GC can just about out off-road anyone if necessary. I had an 01 Pathfinder until my Titan and was happy with that. If I was going to stick with my old small boat, I would of bought an 05 Pathfinder instead. The Toyota is expensive, but Toyota/Lexus has proved time and time again that they are worry free machines. I only wished they made that 10,000 lb towing Tundra last year.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
You've got some idiot customers is all I can say.

Buy the Touareg diesel and don't worry you'll fit.

This is because musicians are his customers And since they're drummers, they're the smartest of the bunch, imagine if he had to ferry around singers!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife has put over 40K miles on her 2004 Durango Limited (with the Hemi) in just over 2 years, not one problem. Very nice ride on the highway and now with the MDS it sounds like it gets decent mileage (well, maybe not "decent" but better).
Old 10-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Registered

honda/acura
Old 10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I'd check out the new Avalanches. They look really sharp; and the 1/2 ton (only version now available) rides really well.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Registered

Just bought a 2006 Pathfinder in June. Love it, bought the stripped down version (with power window, locks air cd)? For a little over $30,000. 3rd row seating and the thing I like is the power train doesn't change if you go up to the more luxury versions(leather, sunroof, navigation) Tow capacity is 6000 lbs and comes with factory hitch installed. Love it highly recommend it.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:00 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

I saw and heard one of those Jeep Cherokee SRT8 models yesterday. Sounded good and according to the mags are very quick.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal

Mike,
Going from a X5 to a domestic there are some major differences as they target different customer/functions. Sold an 04 denali after 24 months- very nice soft ride-no problems what so ever. Quality was good for a domestic truck

I agree with above in putting the VW on your shopping list-very tight, fun to drive and almost (stress almost) BMW like.
Toyotas are very reliable but the much softer ride than the euro competition.

Suggestion, go out and rent a few of the rides( enterprise, hertz) you are considering and see how well they drive (and upholstry duribility) after they have been beatin-on by the public. Also, many euro dealerships have service loaners that may rent out, check them out.

When you land on a specific brand- float-it-up on the board and we will pick it apart

Also (one-of the) good sites to check out is edmunds.com to start with in checkin stuff out.

Just remember, the fun is in the hunt
Good luck.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I'd check out the new Avalanches. They look really sharp; and the 1/2 ton (only version now available) rides really well.
You LOVE those Avalanches don't ya?!?! A truck will not work for the type of travel I do.

Quick Reply: midsize SUV?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.