Notices

midsize SUV?

Old 10-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: midsize SUV?

Originally Posted by Wobble
I saw and heard one of those Jeep Cherokee SRT8 models yesterday. Sounded good and according to the mags are very quick.
15mpg on the hiway will not work.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: midsize SUV?

Originally Posted by GoCiggie31
Mike,
Going from a X5 to a domestic there are some major differences as they target different customer/functions. Sold an 04 denali after 24 months- very nice soft ride-no problems what so ever. Quality was good for a domestic truck

I agree with above in putting the VW on your shopping list-very tight, fun to drive and almost (stress almost) BMW like.
Toyotas are very reliable but the much softer ride than the euro competition.

Suggestion, go out and rent a few of the rides( enterprise, hertz) you are considering and see how well they drive (and upholstry duribility) after they have been beatin-on by the public. Also, many euro dealerships have service loaners that may rent out, check them out.

When you land on a specific brand- float-it-up on the board and we will pick it apart

Also (one-of the) good sites to check out is edmunds.com to start with in checkin stuff out.

Just remember, the fun is in the hunt
Good luck.
On the road this week and I lucked out and got a Toyota 4 Runner from National. I rides nice but it seems a little cramped at the driver position. With the seat all the way back the steering wheel seems far away and the stalks coming out of the steering colum hit my knees. The V6 version I have this week is getting 23.7 on the highway at 75mph. Overall average is 19 so far. That is really good!

My X5 4.4i BMW is not going away right now. I am adding a 3rd auto.