Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Dually wheel upgrade that works. >

Dually wheel upgrade that works.

Notices

Dually wheel upgrade that works.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Dually wheel upgrade that works.

offshoredrillin is a brentz dealer.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested in some chrome 19.5" in the Bentz's/
Old 12-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I second that! I don't think he has had much success with it though. I am currently running 19.5 Chrome Driv's
Old 12-11-2006, 06:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

All of Brents rims are billet, with steel inners, let me know what rim your interested in and I'll get you a price to your door, I do recommend the toyo tires as well, a great highway rib and the ride is fantastic. being as they are truck tires they are re-groovable as well

I second that! I don't think he has had much success with it though. I am currently running 19.5 Chrome Driv's
dont know whether you mean Brent or Myself but both of us are doing very well...Rob
Old 12-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
All of Brents rims are billet, with steel inners, let me know what rim your interested in and I'll get you a price to your door, I do recommend the toyo tires as well, a great highway rib and the ride is fantastic. being as they are truck tires they are re-groovable as well

dont know whether you mean Brent or Myself but both of us are doing very well...Rob
OSD, I mean' t that when I talked to Brent about Chroming his wheels....he said he had problems with the crome coming off the inner lip on the rear. I have the 19.5 Driv Dons on mine Chrome and I got a set of 19.5 billet Hot Rods from Brent for Nashville Catz for his dually. Mine look killer but are not the quality of a Brentz (the driv's are a chrome cast aluminum wheel.) Mine have more runout than I would like.....especially when towing my 40' goosneck race car trailer with living qtrs or the 38. So, if he has the chrome issue perfected I will take a set. I will never go back to polishing billet wheels again.....I have had dozens of alcoas and the polishing is not worth it to me. The Driv's are the chit for a show truck or not towing that much weight. I have about 30K on them so far...
Attached Thumbnails Dually wheel upgrade that works.-dsc00601-small.jpg  
Old 12-21-2006, 06:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

the difference between brentz and alcoas are that alcoas are cast, there fore the metal holds impurities, is pourous and they seal it, if you use too harsh a cleaner then you will take that sealer off the alcoas and they will dull almost immediately when water hits them. The quality of the billet is what makes brents rims shine so long with minimal care, usually a good coat of mothers every 6 months and normal washing without harsh chemicals and you are fine. the problem with chroming is, that they must first scuff the metal, then nickel plate it them dip in the chromium. If the chrome shop doesnt scuff all the areas, ie in the cracks and lips, then the chrome will peel, it's only a matter of time.
thats why brent or myself wont chrome them, we simply cant be held responsible for what the chrome shops do.
I do my lightnings every 6 moths with mothers and they still look great. I have them around salt water all summer as well. never a problem.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
OSD, I mean' t that when I talked to Brent about Chroming his wheels....he said he had problems with the crome coming off the inner lip on the rear. I have the 19.5 Driv Dons on mine Chrome and I got a set of 19.5 billet Hot Rods from Brent for Nashville Catz for his dually. Mine look killer but are not the quality of a Brentz (the driv's are a chrome cast aluminum wheel.) Mine have more runout than I would like.....especially when towing my 40' goosneck race car trailer with living qtrs or the 38. So, if he has the chrome issue perfected I will take a set. I will never go back to polishing billet wheels again.....I have had dozens of alcoas and the polishing is not worth it to me. The Driv's are the chit for a show truck or not towing that much weight. I have about 30K on them so far...

Do you have any close ups of your wheels and/or maybe a website link for Driv Wheels? What do you mean by "more runout?" Thanks!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Registered

The only thing I would have liked to see different on the Brentz wheels would have been a different front hub cover/cap, something with an open center or a pop on cap, to get to the front hubs to lock them in now requires you to use an allen wrench(supplied with the rims) to take the covers off to engage the front hubs..
Old 12-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I've been looking as well.... I really like the larger center cap (like the 10 lug Alcoa's) vs. the small center on Brentz.... The small center seems to take away from the larger rim. I've also heard the same undesirable things about the 22.5's w/ the inserts. I was asking a friend about this exact thing night-before-last.

Thanks for the input/info everyone!

Joe
Old 12-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered

HEY NICK, ITS TYLER, GOOD TO SEE YOU ON HERE....GLAD TO HEAR THAT THE 19.5 PACKAGE FINALLY DID THE JOB FOR YOU!!
WWW.AQUASUNMOTORSPORTS.COM

Quick Reply: Dually wheel upgrade that works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.