Notices

Trailer tool box

Old 01-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Trailer tool box

Originally Posted by On The Heat
Rob - what is the dimension on those boxes you have?
its 12x12x36

I looked at my old invoice it was in 7-05 $335.41 & 11.28 UPS.its the same as they build for Myco.The part # is 20-2196w. You can get it made any size you want and also get it made in stainless steel for 25%increase. They are made by ProTech in Tnn. I bought them thru Pinnacle truck and trailer. Try Randy 615-793-9890.They dont stock this box they make to order and drop ship them out of Tn.

Hope this helps

Rob

heres some more picks, I also made these plates for suport on the inside bolts
Attached Thumbnails Trailer tool box-hustler-sale-7-24-05-003-medium-.jpg   Trailer tool box-hustler-sale-7-24-05-005.jpg   Trailer tool box-hustler-sale-7-24-05-007.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I have shopped evry box on the market. Amazingly enough, per each particular aluminum finish, they are within dollars of each other per cu. ft. There are no stunning deals.

So it's really about what size you want and if you want drop down or top open, and diamond, raw smooth, or polished finish.

did those boxes come polished Rob?

There is a little more variance in steel box pricing.

the best price in steel for a box that isn't the common underbody semi-truck 18" deep (stick out too far and need too much support) is from...

BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com

JOBOX (Delta) single lid dropdown

36x12Dx14H 247.95 67lbs. Black or white
36x16Dx14H 255.95 76lbs. Black or white

free shipping

12deep by 14 or 16 high is ideal for outside frame mounting

axapowell can asure you I've researched these to the nth degree.

the highway products box I linked to earlier is the best buy per cu. ft. in a smooth aluminum polished box, if you can do the 72" Length.
72x12x14 polished for 599.95 free shipping, and an excellent rep for quality and warranty.

second choice would be the Pro-Tech's like Robs for a 2 sided install but they = $770 + shipping

if the price hasn't gone up since his buy. When did you buy them Rob? and again did they come high polish or raw smooth?

Downtown's got a Pro-Tech "guy"...maybe he could get his guy to arrange a drop ship group buy discount for 10 boxes of choice?

Downtown????
Old 01-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can get exact cost if you're further interested. Or you can call Steve at Best Truck Repair 262-392-2220. Just mention my name Dave Brown. He mounts our lift axles and dump bodies on chassis. Pro-tech makes good stuff.

My question is don't they get all wet when you dunk the trailer? Not sure I'd want one.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Rippem
I have shopped evry box on the market. Amazingly enough, per each particular aluminum finish, they are within dollars of each other per cu. ft. There are no stunning deals.

So it's really about what size you want and if you want drop down or top open, and diamond, raw smooth, or polished finish.

did those boxes come polished Rob?

There is a little more variance in steel box pricing.

the best price in steel for a box that isn't the common underbody semi-truck 18" deep (stick out too far and need too much support) is from...

BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com

JOBOX (Delta) single lid dropdown

36x12Dx14H 247.95 67lbs. Black or white
36x16Dx14H 255.95 76lbs. Black or white

free shipping

12deep by 14 or 16 high is ideal for outside frame mounting

axapowell can asure you I've researched these to the nth degree.

the highway products box I linked to earlier is the best buy per cu. ft. in a smooth aluminum polished box, if you can do the 72" Length.
72x12x14 polished for 599.95 free shipping, and an excellent rep for quality and warranty.

second choice would be the Pro-Tech's like Robs for a 2 sided install but they = $770 + shipping

if the price hasn't gone up since his buy. When did you buy them Rob? and again did they come high polish or raw smooth?

Downtown's got a Pro-Tech "guy"...maybe he could get his guy to arrange a drop ship group buy discount for 10 boxes of choice?

Downtown????
They came polished,sameprice.I bought them 7-06.I am sure there is prob a price increase in the alum? When I bought mine the quanty price was 275.00 each.Myco wanted 540.00 for the same box back in 2005

I looked at some 14" high boxes .On my Myco it would stick up or hang down.the 12 worked better for me .

Hopefully Downtowns guy can hook everybody up!!

Old 01-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Downtown42
I can get exact cost if you're further interested. Or you can call Steve at Best Truck Repair 262-392-2220. Just mention my name Dave Brown. He mounts our lift axles and dump bodies on chassis. Pro-tech makes good stuff.

My question is don't they get all wet when you dunk the trailer? Not sure I'd want one.
Mine doesent even come close to the water,Most of the time its still over the concrete ramp ,but the shorter trailers might ?

Old 01-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I found the place that supplies these to Myco.They are around 370 each.plus shipping. I can even stand one them, Only prob is they water spot like a SOB.I have the info at the house if anybody wants it?

Rob
nice use of the race car tie down strip......I always tie mine down with extra rope 9 cheap insurance)
Old 01-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Registered

absolutely Dave. I would prefer the smaller boxes one on each side as that is somewhat more convenient, and obviously lend themselves to staying dryer as they aren't as far back on the frame as a say... the 72 I'm considering.

the 48" Pro-Tech for example is ideal though, as 36" can be a little tight for some handles and accessories.

I figure I'd mount a 12" H box split difference( 2" of box above and below an 8" frame) for appearance, or even bias the mounting another 1/2 or1" high for ease of use and the likelyhood of staying drier, especially the drop down door models.

I doubt a 36" or even a 48" would ever get wet mounted on my rig.

even the 72" doesn't quite go to where my frame bends to go straight back and that point or just alittle more is as wet as it ever gets for a launch or load, other than the quick dunk to get the bunks wet or to make the boat winch into the stand easier depending on the ramp.

I think unless you DO drill drain holes in the back corners (I wouldn't, or I would and use a plug) some portion of the box would have to be underwater for awhile to seep in as the quality drop door boxes lids close pretty snug on the weatherstrips

and certianly the top lids pretty much eliminate the water inside potential
Old 01-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
They came polished,sameprice.I bought them 7-06.I am sure there is prob a price increase in the alum? When I bought mine the quanty price was 275.00 each.
at $300 drop shipped apiece the Pro-Tech 12x12x36 top lid goes to the head of the line.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by nocigarette
nice use of the race car tie down strip......I always tie mine down with extra rope 9 cheap insurance)
Its works pretty good .I had MR tie downs make them up for me . have 2 on the back also. Ive seen Home depot style fail and if it doesent have the clasp style hook if it loosens it can pop off .

Attached Thumbnails Trailer tool box-tabs-trailer-012-medium-.jpg  

Old 01-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

good idea strip.....Plus you can get them to color match anything

Quick Reply: Trailer tool box

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.