Notices

Ultra Low Sulfer Fuel

Old 02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ultra Low Sulfer Fuel

i doin't know who came up with ulsd. but i would love to get my hands on him and stomp a mud hole in his ass and walk it dry . they have had it here started in oct it sucks mpg has drop and power to not even to think they took all the addtives out of it . and whayt it is doing to my cummins .
Old 02-07-2007, 10:42 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Looked at an 07 cummins the other day and the dealer said it was the last year for the motor to accept both types of diesel. I dont think it will hurt the motor.....otherwise the govt will have a lot of older diesel trucks to modify. Didnt really phase me b/c i cut the cat and muff out of mine anyway....that easy.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:46 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
i doin't know who came up with ulsd. but i would love to get my hands on him and stomp a mud hole in his ass and walk it dry . they have had it here started in oct it sucks mpg has drop and power to not even to think they took all the addtives out of it . and whayt it is doing to my cummins .
ULSD fuel should make little to no difference to your mileage. Winter blends, bio mixes and ambient temp would make a far larger difference.

I have ran it on and off for about 2 months with no observed difference. Some of the diesel forum guys are claiming up to 2% loss in economy.

I ran a couple of tanks of bio-mix and saw a significant drop in mileage. I cant say about the winterblends up North as I was dricing on ice and snow the whole time I was up there in January.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
ULSD fuel should make little to no difference to your mileage. Winter blends, bio mixes and ambient temp would make a far larger difference.

I have ran it on and off for about 2 months with no observed difference. Some of the diesel forum guys are claiming up to 2% loss in economy.

I ran a couple of tanks of bio-mix and saw a significant drop in mileage. I cant say about the winterblends up North as I was dricing on ice and snow the whole time I was up there in January.
You are 100% correct. My last job I was an emissons enginner and I helped devlop the new technology that is on all the new diesel trucks for 2007. ULSD is chemically the same is #2 on road fuel except the sulfur content.

Also you do not use additional lubrications with ULSD if you have a new 2007MY truck. You will plug up the aftertreatment device in the exhaust and I don't think that will be covered by warranty becasue you added chemicals to you gas tank. It is expensive to replace becasue it is loaded with platinum. ULSD has been aroun in CA for 5 years now and there has not been one engine, fuel pump, or injector failure becasue of ULSD. We had 1000's of vehicles running all over the country with USLD and also had no problems.

And the reason you get bad fuel mileage with Bio-Diesel is becasue it only has about 75% of the engery in it when compared to regular #2 on road diesel fuel.

Hope this helps,
Don
Old 02-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

We just got an 07 3500 Classic. What diesel needs to be run in it? And if the station we are at doesnt have the required kind, what additives need to be put in it?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:46 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
We just got an 07 3500 Classic. What diesel needs to be run in it? And if the station we are at doesnt have the required kind, what additives need to be put in it?

Your 07 classic will run anything you can buy on the road. No need to search out ULSD.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:02 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

ULSD has shown up here in Knoxville over the last couple weeks or so. The only thing I have noticed so far is the price increase. As soon as they put those little stickers on the pumps, the price went up about .08 a gallon. Funny how that seems to happen.

I have a 2006 Dodge, and it will more than likely be my last diesel. I will keep this truck till the wheels fall off. I don't want any part of the added junk the new motors have to have.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Registered

haul me to i'm going to get a millom miles out of my cummins . robbie
Old 02-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

dgduck what about us older desels i here it will ruin the seals and injectoers .
Old 02-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
dgduck what about us older desels i here it will ruin the seals and injectoers .
You won't have a problem. I use to run four different dyno's 24/7. One was a Cummins L10 from 1991, 5.9 cummins from 95, 3126 Cat from 97, and a Cat C7 Accert. None of them had any problems.

What engine and year are you running?

Hope this helps,
Don

Quick Reply: Ultra Low Sulfer Fuel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.