Notices

Ultra Low Sulfer Fuel

Old 01-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Low Sulfer Fuel

I almost bought a 2007 GMC "Classic" duramax dually yesterday thinking it had the same motor as the 2006. I opened the fuel door and it said ultra low sulfur only.... I went by every diesel station that I usually get fuel at and no dice. No wonder I was getting such a great deal on it. I can't find fuel for it so I am keeping the 05.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Registered

Default Re: Ultra Low Sulfer Fuel

All states are switching at some point. Mine, Washington State switched over early and months ago....
Old 01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can find it around here pretty easily... Wonder why they ahve not yet switched up there
Old 01-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Angry Re: Ultra Low Sulfer Fuel

I dont know but I caught the delivery guy at wal mart with his tanker night before last and he said they being "Murphy Oil" were not carrying it anywhere in Nashville. I don't know if he knew what he was talking about but it did not give me the comfort level to get a new truck. I pull to very remote areas with my gooseneck to ride in the winter and this fuel thing is not giving me a good feeling.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I almost bought a 2007 GMC "Classic" duramax dually yesterday thinking it had the same motor as the 2006. I opened the fuel door and it said ultra low sulfur only.... I went by every diesel station that I usually get fuel at and no dice. No wonder I was getting such a great deal on it. I can't find fuel for it so I am keeping the 05.
The station I usually buy from say's, they will start having the Low Sulphur in 30 to 45 days, and that I'll need to use an additive with every fill up!
Old 01-26-2007, 06:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For as much as a replacement engine costs, an additive is an excellent idea, regardless of what fuel or motor.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered

Here is a link to some more ULD info. Most stations have been selling low sulfur for years and last year the ultra low sulfur fuel was introduced. I did some research and found that the removal of the more sulfur also stripped out some of the fuels lubricity which would have caused problems, but they have also set a minimum standard for the lubricity of the fuel. Do some research make up your own mind. I know the stations around here have already switched for at least 60 days, (PS I have not seen the streets lined with broke down diesels)

http://www.chevron.com/products/prod...sel/ulsd.shtml
Old 01-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I noticed ULS diesel showing up here around the December time frame, but I'd say only about 1/2 the stations I go to have it.

I know one thing, I wouldn't want an '07 yet. Definitely wait a few months.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:45 AM
gcoffshore.com
Platinum Member

What additive like the lucas treatment.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:47 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

It's my understanding that Jan 15, 2007 was mandatory Federal changeover day nationwide, and nothing but ULSD was to be sold after that...

if you got a smoking deal on an 07 that was prolly cause business is sucky and they need to move inventory... the 06 and 07 LBZ engine is the same creature...

JH

Quick Reply: Ultra Low Sulfer Fuel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.