Notices

Long Term Trailer Plates

Old 02-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
That looks to be for a homemade trailer though. I'm not sure they'd go for it since its obviously built by a manufacturer.
Help me understand what a "Green dealer certificate" is. As far I as I know there are only two identifying pieces of paperwork for trailers. A "Certificate of Origin" which is given to the owner by the trailer manufacturer when it is new or a Title that issued by states that require them.

Many years ago I bought a motorcycle trailer in CA to haul my dirt bikes back east that had no title. When I went to register in MD I had to register it as home made even though I did not build it myself.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Its basically an official bill of sale from the dealer. It looks just like a title though and can be signed over like a title. I have mine in my filing cabinet a work, so i'll pull it out monday and give you more details on it. i haven't looked at it in a long time.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

Bought a used boat with a used trailer. Registered the trailer with Virginia DMV and decided I'd go ahead and get the "permanent" tags for $125.00 plus other fees. Three weeks later the used trailer spit out it's hub bearings and became very expensive to fix. So I bought a new trailer and found out that I was SOL on any pro-rating or refund on new tags. Lesson Learned: Buy 1 year tags until you're sure your trailer is going to last a few years.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by dra2256
Bought a used boat with a used trailer. Registered the trailer with Virginia DMV and decided I'd go ahead and get the "permanent" tags for $125.00 plus other fees. Three weeks later the used trailer spit out it's hub bearings and became very expensive to fix. So I bought a new trailer and found out that I was SOL on any pro-rating or refund on new tags. Lesson Learned: Buy 1 year tags until you're sure your trailer is going to last a few years.

One year registration is $48. Permanent is $78. I'll take my chances.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered

Maine Registration. Register any trailer from any state. Easy to do, 100% legal. Up to 12 years for around $206.00. End of story. Registration available from 1-12 years. 1 year=$27.00.

And the registration is transferrable, and they provide overnight service.

Need the info, send me a PM.

Last edited by 45Tripps; 08-19-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by 45Tripps
Maine Registration. Register any trailer from any state. Easy to do, 100% legal. Up to 12 years for around $206.00. End of story. Registration available from 1-12 years. 1 year=$27.00.

And the registration is transferrable, and they provide overnight service.

Need the info, send me a PM.
That's pretty awesome. I keep my (6) trailers in top shape, but I hate having to drag each of them in for a stinking trailer inspection (sticker) every year. I may look into this. Do they do vanity plates for trailers like they do here in VA?
Old 08-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
That's pretty awesome. I keep my (6) trailers in top shape, but I hate having to drag each of them in for a stinking trailer inspection (sticker) every year. I may look into this. Do they do vanity plates for trailers like they do here in VA?
Brian - man up and quit worrying about inspections. Hardly any of my stuff is inspected. I don't need someone who knows less about cars than me telling me whether my brake pads work or whether my brake light is out. It's a ****ing revenue scheme....

Trailer - expired in 09
Truck - expired in 5/11
Motorcycle - expired in 08
RX-7 - expired June 06.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
No. They send you a plate that expires in what ever year you pay up to: ie a 5 year plate expires in 2016 and it is stamped into the metal plate, Month and year. So no worry about stickers. They also send 2 copies of the registration, one to keep in vehicle and one to keep elsewhere.

Just easier to do instead of the inspection hassels and the renewal fee's. Its $250.00 every 2 years in Md for my 20,000lb trailer. Do the Maine tags and safe alot of $$$$$.

Next time your out on 95, look around at all the the semi trailers. 80% of them will have Maine Tags.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Registered

http://staabagency.com/

Been doing it for years here in NY.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can you do this with cars?

Quick Reply: Long Term Trailer Plates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.