Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DonziChick
Im still waiting on Ford or Chevrolet to build a 1 ton with a 3406
12v92TA Detroit
Old 03-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by herman
Didn't Ford buy cummins right after Dodge signed a 10 yr deal with cummins, I think so, I worked at Navistar while all that was going on. I remember everyone at our plant all happy about getting the 10 yr deal with Ford. Sure Ford signed a 10 yr deal,they had no choice. Even though they owned cummins, they can't supply themselves with engines until the contract with Chrysler expires, which if my math is right should be in 2- 2.5 yrs. Any one else ever hear of this?? How about you Mike??
Thanks

www.offshoregroup.net
I remeber the Ford Cummins deal but know nothing about contracts. I also dont know the agreement with ford and International for the new 6.4
Old 03-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Byrdman
A cat in a toyota....that is the problem with america...yea...I know...there built here....crappin japs got there hands in it somewhere ...wouldn't you think..??...some of you border jumping traitors will get them....make sure you tell us...
thats why you the Man. Your politics and heart are in the right place and I totally agree with you on this.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

You guys will just have to buy a real truck now.
LMAO j/k
Old 03-07-2007, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Cutting off supply was a childish move on Navistar's part. If a dumb a$$ like me could see how this would unfold, you'd think their managers could have caught it. They made themselves look silly and amateurish. It's no wonder they're circling the drain.
The problems between Ford and Navistar started a while ago, the big part of the problem was warrenty cost that Ford just took off the invoices even though Navistar was not responsible for these costs. Navistar tried to get Ford to pay and Ford balked. Navistar contacted their legal, who determined that Ford was in breach of contract, so Navistar stopped shippment. The Judge ordered Ford to pay up and Navistar to start shipping. It's about time some one stepped up to the bully tactics used by the big three, a great move IMO. I think Ford my be the one circling the drain.