Notices

08 F250 Ps

Old 03-14-2007, 04:28 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 F250 Ps

just got our first 08 F250 in and it looks awesome it is dark blue pearl Fx4 lariat

it is bad@ss
Old 03-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Two words... Congratulations...PICTURES??

I have been truck shopping as well. Does anybody have a picture of a super duty in "dark shadow gray?" I am considering ordering that color (or plain white again), but I cannot find one locally to see what that color looks like.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm jealous. Congrats!!

The '08's are awesome.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Registered

I can't quite seem to talk the old man into the '08.......yet

Congrats, they're sweet rigs.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hot Duck

I have been truck shopping as well. Does anybody have a picture of a super duty in "dark shadow gray?" I am considering ordering that color (or plain white again), but I cannot find one locally to see what that color looks like.
Are you going to test it on the apache prior to buy????
Old 03-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I tried to talk Purnell into putting a gooseneck hitch in his truck, but he really does not have a use for it so he said that it would be a waste for him. I can understand that. Since I don't have one to test, I am planning to get the truck, try it and go from there. If it does well I can sell the Pete. If it doesn't handle the load I will keep the Pete and use the 450 for a daily driver. I need a daily driver anyway and this truck could still be used for the smaller boats, the car trailer and stuff like that. My 2002 F-450 was a daily driver, so this new truck will be just like old times!

As for the Pete, it is an awesome truck, but it seems to be a huge waste to have a $100K truck collecting dust in the garage. I bought it planning to do a lot of poker runs when I quit racing, but I have yet to do a single one. I don't know where the time went, but I can't seem to find it. I figure that if the 450 handles the boat, I can sell the Pete and use that money to pay off the new truck and then put the rest towards the changes on the Apache. Of course, with the way my luck goes I will sell the Pete only to find/make the time to travel and then want a big truck back. We’ll see how it goes.

For the 450, I went on the Ford web site and put together a truck with all of the specs that I wanted. Then I used the site to locate a match via zip codes everywhere from Miami to Michigan and all along the East coast. This was a pain because you can only search one zip code region at a time. I went to the USPS site to get all of the zip codes and spent the better part of an afternoon searching for the truck.

I found a lot of trucks, but none that matched my spec sheet 100%. For this reason I decided to order one. I sent out an e-mail to all of the dealers that listed an F-450 in stock and asked them to e-mail or fax a quote on building a new truck to my spec sheet. I got 31 quotes back. The two lowest were Brandon Ford in Tampa, Florida and Pittsville Ford in Pittsville, Maryland. Brandon was $3K lower than the next closest price and Pittsville beat them by almost $2k. It seems that the dealers do have some room to play on these trucks!

I am planning to place the order this week with Pittsville Ford. They submit their orders every Wednesday, so I have until then to pick a color. I am debating between the dark gray, black and white. White matches everything, but my last few trucks have all been white. Black looks great, but is hard to keep clean. I have not seen a car or truck with the gray color, but I am hoping to find one before Wednesday so I can see what it looks like. The Ford web site has the color chart, but it really does not give you any kind of idea about what the color really looks like.

So, does anybody have a good picture of a new Ford in "dark shadow gray metallic?"
Old 03-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

By the way, here is the Ford web site that I was talking about above.

http://www87.forddirect.fordvehicles...50&statetoken=
Old 03-16-2007, 09:31 AM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CigDaze
I'm jealous. Congrats!!

The '08's are awesome.
I wish it was mine (wife would kill me) but it just came in to the Ford dealership where Im the finance manager, guess I should of been more specific sorry

they are surprisingly quiet and the new grill looks great
Old 03-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Registered

Anyone seen the 08 Harley Davidson editions Yet ?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hot Duck

Duck, put an order in 4 a 450 about a month ago. Went w/ the dark blue met./tan leather int. Lariat. 1st p/up I have ever had! Have had 3 Burbs in a row! Big change 2 that long and size of a vehicle. Daily driver, went w/ the 4:30 gear so I will get full power. Don't tow that much but I think it will get me insurance "legal" w/ my boat!! I am excited, something dif! Wrink

Quick Reply: 08 F250 Ps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.