Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Check out this service truck! CMT TRICK MY TRUCK! >

Check out this service truck! CMT TRICK MY TRUCK!

Notices

Check out this service truck! CMT TRICK MY TRUCK!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He doesn't use the truck at all now. It got so wacko that he's embarassed to drive it. The producers did the exact opposite of what he wanted. It was supposed to be a tribute to to loss of his son. The only things he told them he wanted was an onboard computer diaganostic system so he could plug up to the new computer diesel engines and some other simple things.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
He doesn't use the truck at all now. It got so wacko that he's embarassed to drive it. The producers did the exact opposite of what he wanted. It was supposed to be a tribute to to loss of his son. The only things he told them he wanted was an onboard computer diaganostic system so he could plug up to the new computer diesel engines and some other simple things.
Ya know Brian, I do like that show and they can do some cool stuff, but I have to agree, they took his functional truck and made it non-functional for a mechanic... I saw the "pimp" guys do a car for tv, that needed some body work, they didn't cut metal at all, just bondo and fiberglass to make it look good for tv...I would love to see a few of the "tricked" ones a year or so down the road with some real use on it.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Ya know Brian, I do like that show and they can do some cool stuff, but I have to agree, they took his functional truck and made it non-functional for a mechanic...
Those were my exact first thoughts, but I didn't want to say anything offensive in case he liked it.

Not much room for tools etc. anymore after that great plug for Miller welders and the damn huge TV.

Welder was a good idea, but how about having Snap on or Mac sponsor the truck and build in some tool boxes, racks, fold out work tables, maybe even an awning adapted offf an RV. All of that stuff would have more profit potential than a mural of a rocket ship on it.

I like the actuall rigs that they do, but those rigs just have to go down the road. They can load those things down with crap and not change their functionability. Some of them are kind of gay though. They are actually getting worse since I saw the fish tank one.

I thought painting it like an emergency vehicle would have been a much better idea. Put some light bars and flashers on it.

I think they are just trying to show that the guy is a good painter, but they should just put the guy on the PBS and let him have a show called "Pimp my mural".
Old 12-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Those were my exact first thoughts, but I didn't want to say anything offensive in case he liked it.

Not much room for tools etc. anymore after that great plug for Miller welders and the damn huge TV.

Welder was a good idea, but how about having Snap on or Mac sponsor the truck and build in some tool boxes, racks, fold out work tables, maybe even an awning adapted offf an RV. All of that stuff would have more profit potential than a mural of a rocket ship on it.

I like the actuall rigs that they do, but those rigs just have to go down the road. They can load those things down with crap and not change their functionability. Some of them are kind of gay though. They are actually getting worse since I saw the fish tank one.

I thought painting it like an emergency vehicle would have been a much better idea. Put some light bars and flashers on it.

I think they are just trying to show that the guy is a good painter, but they should just put the guy on the PBS and let him have a show called "Pimp my mural".
Exactly! He now works out of an old dually. He's a grease monkey and he'd destroy that thing in a matter of weeks.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

How does all this work. Who pays for the conversions to get done on these trucks. Do you give a list of items that you might want, and so on. Ya, the paint looks cool, but is over the top, and yes it is not a great truck for what the owners purpose's are, but is there anything hidden behind some of those walls, tool boxe's etc. If it is all charity work, you could easily add the boxes yourself, and just finish off the customization...Thanks Jeff
Old 12-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very Cool Truck only not practical for the work environment ,looks like he'll have to sell it and buy a real work tool
Old 12-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

I hate all those shows. They start off good, showing lots of technical stuff but they all turn out to be "pimp my ride" / drama BS shows. Whether it is cars, trucks, bikes or houses. "This Old House" and my idol, Norm Abrams' "New Yankee Workshop" are the only ones that stayed true to the format. "Home Time" is good too.

I liked the truck better before they messed it up.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

He was well known for the school bus / rescue truck service guy. The whole thing got started by his sister writing the show and telling them about the death of his 1 year old son (he died like 20 years ago). They were supposed to do a tribute to his son and bring in an artist and show what he would look like today. I have no idea how it turned into a space ship , he hates the d a m n thing! He mentioned something about turning it into a limo. The motor was tired and they said they were going to put in a new engine but just spray painted it!

Last edited by THEJOKER; 12-16-2007 at 08:05 PM. Reason: sp
Old 12-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
He was well known for the school bus / rescue truck service guy. The whole thing got started by his sister writing the show and telling them about the death of his 1 year old son (he died like 20 years ago). They were supposed to do a tribute to his son and bring in an artist and show what he would look like today. I have no iea how it turned into a space ship , he hates the d a m n thing! He mentioned something about turning it into a limo. The motor was tired and they said they were going to put in a new engine but just spray painted it!

That's really messed up! Instead of helping him out, they hurt him and didn't even do the tribute. Those shows are just all about making money, not really helping people. If that guy was local to me I'd repaint the truck and rebuild the motor for him.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

cool truck

Quick Reply: Check out this service truck! CMT TRICK MY TRUCK!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.