Notices

Need a boat transported

Old 04-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as soon as he gives you any kind of compensation, even hotel and food, you are considered for hire. If you wreck which I hope you do not. your insurance may not pay because the boat is not yours. I sold my trucking business 6 years ago (30 trucks) and I may not know everything but I do know enough to know that if you wreck he is liable for his own loss and his insurance will not cover the boat behind your truck. As for your post that you may make another trip asap, I find it hard to believe that you are only doing it for the happiness of the road.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned

to Brian, just look at the post in the concept's forum and then decide if you want to take a chance on maybe insurance coverage or positive commercial cargo insurance for your new toy. I am fully legal and permited to tow your boat, without having to dive into the gray area of insurance
Old 04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Banned

last everyone on this board knows me and you will not find one complaint about my service, just ask on the general discussion board about me
Old 04-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Not that he needs any further reccos from me --- but bgchuby did an outstanding job for me pulling my Nordic from LA to LOTO.

....if it weren't for the minor "hit and run" on my trailer while we were both inside paying for gas outside OKC....but that wasn't a bgchuby issue.

I hate when that happens.

Safe travels, JM.

I2D (Dave).
Old 04-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I learned the hard way..... Hire a professional and verify the insurance. I was lucky and only lost a brand new Myco trailer.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered

YUP.....I second that....we use Jeff Murray often and every load arrives perfect. He know his CHIT and it shows.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned

dave good to hear from you, how is your new job
Old 04-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered

Im not trying to start any problems, but believe it or not bgchuby their are other people in this world that do no how to transport boats, and that are insured besides you. Yes you do have a great reputation, and if i didn't transport i would probably let you haul mine, but everytime someone asks somebody else to transport their boat u go through this same long list like there is no one legal or capable but you. Their are alot of great transporters out here and some are even members on here, these guys are just trying to make a living too. TRansporting does not take a rocket scientist, it just takes someone that has the insurance to cover the load and someone that has respect for other peoples property. Like i said i respect you and what you do, you have built up a good business, just please stop critisizing everyone that transports besides you.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Banned

I agree that there are other people capable of towing and doing a good job. What hurts is someone charging to tow and not being legal and when there is a problem the insurance will not cover the loss and right away everyoe looks at all of the transporters as scum. If someone else is legal then I know I can compete price wise with no problem, if they don't carry large cargo insurance then their cost is lower and I can not compete. All I ask for is a level playing field. As for someone thinkin that personal insurance will cover a boat that is not there's I would not like to be the boat owner when he finds out that no one will pay his claim.

Am I cocky, you bet, nashville bound claims that he is not for hire yet right here on this thread he explains that he is making two trips coast to coast just to help friends. Now I do believe in helping your friends but no one makes two coast to coast trips in one month just for the fun of it and I know that the person who started this thread does not know you. hence the phrase (for hire). Don't be shy If you want to charge people to move there boats go right ahead. Just make sure that people know that you have the proper papers and if you used to then you know what I am talking about.

double J look above on this thread, I know that what ever type of trucking that you do, you like for your compitition to play on an even playing field. when someone undercuts your price it may be because they cut corners on there work. There are other companies that tow on this board and if I know they are legal I don't say a word except to try and get the work. If the other person is not legal for hire than yes I open my mouth and will continue to do so.