Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Looking at the Toyota Tundra tonight >

Looking at the Toyota Tundra tonight

Notices

Looking at the Toyota Tundra tonight

Old 04-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Looking at the NEW Toyota Tundra tonight

Does anybody have one or has anybody driven one? I have a 33' PowerPlay that probably comes in at 9000lbs with the trailer. My Ford F350 is giving me too much grief and it needs to go.

Toyota feedback only please, I've had Chevy and Dodge before and that's why I own a Ford now.

Last edited by Indy; 04-24-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Does anybody have one or has anybody driven one? I have a 33' PowerPlay that probably comes in at 9000lbs with the trailer. My Ford F350 is giving me too much grief and it needs to go.

Toyota feedback only please, I've had Chevy and Dodge before and that's why I own a Ford now.
One neigbor has the Tundra the other the Titan. Ive driven both. Plus and minus on both, the Tundra seems more upscale, quieter, and more money. The Titan seems to handle better, 90 % the ride of the Toyota, more power, feels like it has more torque, cool features in the bed and outside the bed for storage. Heck, drive both, then make your decision. I use to only buy GMC, then I tried Ford, and it works out better for my driving situations. Good Luck. Jeff
Old 04-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a new Tundra today. I think it's pretty cool. I drive a Titan and love it, but I do wish this Tundra would have come out 2 years ago.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

It seems the payload might be a bit skimpy. 9000 trailer = 900 pounds hitch weight. That would give you 780 pounds remaining payload. Add another say 600 pounds for 4 adults (maybe more). Now you are down to 180 pounds for gear. That's cutting it pretty tight.

There is a thread on Tundra Solutions where this is discussed.

Michael
Old 04-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Steve,
I was just in the market for a new truck and I decided on the 2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE. I picked it up on Thursday. I took all of them for test drives and it came down to teh Tundra and the Titan. I picked the Titan because I like the looks better and I got an awesome rate on it. Because the Tundra is so new, there aren't any good promo's right now. My Titan is rated to tow 9400, the Tundra is 10,300. Either way, you cant go wrong.

The Toyota dealership I was dealing with was Colonial in Milford. After test driving the truck, I called the sales rep a few days later to get some pricing but he never called back. I hear that is typical of that dealership. If you go the Nissan route, Bruce Bennett Nissan in Wilton was great to me. My salesguy Bill was awesome.
-Pete
Old 04-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I'll GUARANTEE your 33 PowerPlay is more than 9000 lbs. on the trailer.

Forget towing it with an import. You need a 3/4 ton MINIMUM.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:23 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

listen to Sydwayz....
Old 04-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Here's my Toyota feedback; when Japan allows our cars and trucks to be sold in our dealerships in that country, I MIGHT consider buying a Jap car. Until then fugeddaboudit.

Your DODGE = CHIT
Old 04-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I towed my 33 Powerplay about 2000 miles last year with an 04 GMC Siera Denali and it towed great. A lot has to do with the set up of the trailer, mine is steel and has brakes on 2 of the 3 axles and the weight distribution seems to be perfect. I traded the GMC in on a Lincoln Mark LT last August because of the great deal they gave me on it (7000 off & 0% financing) What a mistake, towed the boat 60 miles in October and 3 weeks later it needed a new trany. I'm glad I have that 100,000 mile drive train warranty. Towing capacity on both trucks is 10,500 pounds and I'm probably near that with the steel trailer. Indy let me know how the Toyota works out.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Here's my Toyota feedback; when Japan allows our cars and trucks to be sold in our dealerships in that country, I MIGHT consider buying a Jap car. Until then fugeddaboudit.
Who gives a crap. My Ford has cost me $8000 this year alone. Politics doesn't enter my decision making one stinking bit.

Here's my Ford/Chevy/Dodge feeback; build me a truck that doesn't break down.

Quick Reply: Looking at the Toyota Tundra tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.