Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
4500# boat tow Vehicle...Nissan Titan or Duramax? >

4500# boat tow Vehicle...Nissan Titan or Duramax?

Notices

4500# boat tow Vehicle...Nissan Titan or Duramax?

Old 07-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tell us how you really feel...

I am driving an Armada and don't tow anything, just use it as a family hauler... I'll never be caught dead in a minivan! I have towed a sailboat for my grandfather with it, and if I was towing a lot I would upgrade the pad and rotors, but these things are A LOT better than the suburban and tahoe.. if you want to buy american.. then buy Nissan, Toyota and honda, cause chevy and ford are built in canada and mexico! I had a 99 camaro.. the dealerships couldn't tell me what color white was on it without a vin number, because it was made in either canada or mexico... my dad is even in a lexus now because the so called american made cars which are made in america yes, just not the USA are junk.

Ernie
Old 07-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Formulabill
Buy AMERICAN to pull your AMERICAN built boat.
That would exclude the chevy, el hencho de mexico, sadly.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pleeeeeze......there junk.....junk.....are you all nuts??????...who cares who what where....there JUNK!!!!...go look....there is no room in here for them..it is all bs......where is that crappin jayhawk???
Old 08-06-2007, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I routinely tow my 33 Outlaw with my 04 Armada from NYC up to Lake George/Adirondacks. You know it's back there, but otherwise tows like a champ.

I have kept very accurate milage records and I'm getting steady 10.5mpg at 70mph and the A/C running with the cruise control on.

Every ramp we go to you get the rednecks there yelling "think that thing can pull it out?" They laugh and then cry when their Ram or their GMC or their Ford is spinning wheels at the ramp or struggling up the ramp and the Armada just pulls it out gently, without issue.

Here are some pics of my setup.

-mike

'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 08-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Registered

Im towing my Magic with a 07 Denali. It has to be the nicest SUV Ive ever owned. Bought it in Feb and have not any problems with it at all towing..... almost 400hp... thing smokes the competition. Unfortunatley my new boat is 8000lbs plus trialer so today I am trading it in on an 08 superduty....... hopefully. I have an 05 Armada like the other poster....very strong SUV. The Titan I believe is based on the same drive traine. My only concern would be they are very light in the rear.... I dont know if your 4500lbs plus trailer...or total. Total should be fine...that extra 2000 might make you think twice. Good luck......

(Once again its not letting post pics.... )
Old 08-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered

You will have no regrets if you go with the Duramax. I think you would be crazy not too. I own four, 3 for business, one for pleasure and I wouldn't do it any other way.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Registered

I just sold my 04 Titan. Plenty of power but junk inside and out. I bought the truck new and had it painted one year later due to fading. Also the electric system goes haywire. The windows would go down but not back up and so on. I just bought a 2500 Chevy and I am much happier.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:00 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

D-max, with a programer makes a great everyday driver,made the switch from gas to diesel recently, and will not go back to 87.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Registered

I towed my 8000# Sunsation Dominator and trailer all over the country with a 2004 Nissan 4x4 Titan. Averaged 10 mpg towing with a/c on. Great truck, rode well, pulled the boat and trailer like it wasn't even there. Could run it on cruise at 70 on flat terrain. Here were the problems. Warranty work -- new trans @ 15K, all new brakes @ 18K, once I got those problems worked out with no hassles from Nissan the truck was great. Now I bought a new 12K# boat and it will not pull it. Traded it in and took a beating. Bought a new Dodge 2500 4x4 with 6.7L Cummings Diesel and love it. Average around 16 mpg. The moral of the story is look to the future, if you are contemplating a bigger boat make sure you buy the heavier duty vehicle. You cannot go wrong with the diesel in any of the new trucks.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Byrdman
pleeeeeze......there junk.....junk.....are you all nuts??????...who cares who what where....there JUNK!!!!...go look....there is no room in here for them..it is all bs......where is that crappin jayhawk???
I didn't know I'd been called out!! Here I am, come n get me Byrdman!! Oh, wait a minute, I'd better be careful what I say. Aren't you one of the "Stecz's People"? I might be accidentally inviting some man love!

I'm still drivin the Titan and she still works like a champ for our 24' Super. BUT, it looks like we are moving up in boat size, so I have been shopping Duramax trucks. I'm not a chevy guy by any means, but I do like the Allison transmission. I haven't heard alot good about the powerstroke engine, and I know the dodge trannies suck! Looks like it may be chebby for me.

Quick Reply: 4500# boat tow Vehicle...Nissan Titan or Duramax?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.