Notices

My new tow ride

Old 07-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My new tow ride

Wife found this for me (H2). She sure likes to find me toys that I have to pay for. I do have to admit she did find me a deal I could not pass up. The dealer actually bought my truck with a 1 1/2 year left on my lease. They said that alot of people like my body style and the power of my truck. Say it is not so. Also it is like finding a needle in a haystack around here with the new style.

Went looking at trucks planning ahead for me lease when it is up. I absolutely hate the new body style of the Chevy diesel with less power. I could not justify the cost, look and power difference. My wife thought the tailpipe looked like a trumpet I must say I have to agree. So wife convinced me to at least get something neat and have it do the job. Perfect work vehicle with the 24 inch wheels and 35" inch tires. LOL.

I am going to give it a little more horsepower boost with an ecm reprogramming and a couple other small add ons. I am mainly doing this to make sure everything in line because of tire size, etc..Hopefully supercharger down the road. Now I just got to get it hooked up to my boat. Jamie
Attached Thumbnails My new tow ride-071607_20272.jpg   My new tow ride-071807_09501.jpg  

Last edited by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS; 07-18-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you plan to tow?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by FROGMAN524
what do you plan to tow?
We plan to tow our canoe. JUST KIDDING! Wanted to see if you were paying attention.

Mainly we are going to use this for our personal Donzi. We want to be stylin. LOL We will use our other Tow vehicles for the shop. However we can obviously use this as well if necessary as it is a business vehicle to write off....Donzi Kristin
Attached Thumbnails My new tow ride-j26zxsmall1.jpg  

Last edited by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS; 07-18-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 364 Likes on 243 Posts

I pulled our 32 dominator and it ran fine, with 26 inches spinning whells! have fun! it will do the job!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I loved my H2 I had. It was a 2005 Yellow. I traded it for a 2006 Porsche Carrera S though because I used it a lot and my fuel bill was horrible. Plus it was too tall for the airpost parking which I visit about every week! It will tow around 7700lbs stock but your wheels/tires will really dimish the tow rating that you can tow safely.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Commercial Member

Thanks guyss.. Actually the custom wheels that you see in the pic are for the summer (I have the OEMs for the winter).. The 24" wheels look huge on there.. However the summer wheels & tires are only about 1/2" taller overall vs the OEMs so it shouldnt really affect it much at all.. But I have the programmer & will be resetting the cals anyway for good measure. Jamie / Lakeside

Old 07-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

But.....what are the 24" dub's rated for on towing? I bet they are NOT rated for towing and could/will crack under stress. It would be something I would check out and get in writing from the manufacture.

Oh....I saw a Escalade at the boat ramp with 22" dub's with this problem.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Commercial Member

Thanks for the tip.. I will double check. I do however have the factory OEMs as well.. Also these wheels I dont believe are made by Dubs, I think they are made by motto. They were special ordered by the dealer & the aluminum for the spokes & outer wheels are actually much thicker than the oem ones.. Are the ones from Dubs thin?? This is something that I am not overly familar with these days as I am almost completely into the boats only.. Again I appreciate the tip & I will have to look into it. I dont want to ruin these wheels.. My wife sure knows how to pick things for me!!.. lol.. Jamie / Lakeside

Old 07-19-2007, 08:40 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Oh....I saw a Escalade at the boat ramp with 22" dub's with this problem.
what EXACTLY was the problem you observed?? they weren't self bailing??

Old 07-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered

I dont think you'll have problem. I have a buddy that has a hummer with aftermarket wheels and nothins happened to his, and he tows his boat every weekend.

By the way heres a pic of my truck.
Attached Thumbnails My new tow ride-pics-012.jpg  

Quick Reply: My new tow ride

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.