Old 12-20-2007, 06:34 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best one is the SCT.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the SCT live wire with the EGT probe is going to be the best for the 6.0. Second would be the Hypertech IMO.There are other ones out that make good power and MPG's but you want to make sure they up trans PSI or you will fry the trans.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:52 AM
Registered

Personally I've run the Edge programmers on my last to 6.0s, the newer units have a setting for firming up the shifts.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

The SCT is a programmer. It basically reprograms the truck's computer. The downside is you can only have one power level per download. If you want to change power levels, you have to stop, shut the truck off and reprogram to the new level. The plus side is, by reprogramming the computer, the tranny is also reprogrammed as well, so the tranny should not be adversely affected by the additional power. A street tune is more power than any other tune out there and is more than needed. A race tune is just that, just for track, all gears are locked through the torque converter yeilding times of 13.96 on my 05 dually. Tow tune is just that, great for towing and mileage. A CUSTOM TUNED SCT IS THE ONLY PROGRAMMER THAT WORKS WITH THE TRANSMISSION. You get firm clean shifts, NO DEFUELING to get into gears, NO slidinging between shifts. I have had all programmers and modules, this is the best for the FORD'S. www.innovativediesel.com speak with Eric the owner or Ted.

Module: EXAMPLE:The Juice Platinum is a module. This one intercepts the signals between the computer and the engine and alters those signals before sending them on. The plus side of it is that you have 5 different power levels (6 with the "hot unlock code") available to you at a whim and you can change them back and forth on the move (change on the fly). The downside is, being a module, it only controls the tranny indirectly, causes spuratic changes, tranny doesn't learn properly, has no lock up in gears like above..20-30k and your tranny will be gone, especially if left in levels 4,5,and 6. Ive gone through my share of trannies earlier on, trust me, I use to race these trucks.

If you do a serch on this topic you will find more info on SCT...or go to www.dieselstop.com and do a serch on the modded 6.0 forum. All the info you will ever need. Good Luck. Jeff

Last edited by Jassman; 12-26-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered

The SCT live wire is shift on the fly, 5 tunes and you can pick them.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
The SCT live wire is shift on the fly, 5 tunes and you can pick them.
Not on the Ford
Old 12-27-2007, 07:55 AM
Registered

Dam thats gay, then I would go with a shift kit or build the trans like I did on my 7.3 and the Edge evo and A2, with the DP tuner maps. Order it all from DP. I like the Hypertech stuff but it's like $900 and it's big.

SCT says they will have it out Jan-Feb if you can wait.

My bud has it in his 6.0 and it looks & drives nice but I never asked if it was shift on the fly, his claim was it's better than my Edge stuff, I don't think so now.
All depends on how you drive, on my 2000 I had the basic Hyper tech one program flash tuner and was happy.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:52 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Your better off building the trans with shift kits, serovs, and plates than just messing with line pump pressure and torque convertors via the PCM. Those are just bandaid fixes.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Dam thats gay, then I would go with a shift kit or build the trans like I did on my 7.3 and the Edge evo and A2, with the DP tuner maps. Order it all from DP. I like the Hypertech stuff but it's like $900 and it's big.

SCT says they will have it out Jan-Feb if you can wait.

My bud has it in his 6.0 and it looks & drives nice but I never asked if it was shift on the fly, his claim was it's better than my Edge stuff, I don't think so now.
All depends on how you drive, on my 2000 I had the basic Hyper tech one program flash tuner and was happy.
shifting on the fly is what you interpret it to be. I use to have the same issue's, cause Ive had 6 Edges, and yes it's convienent. With the street tune, your foot on the go pedal is what I use to be my 1-5 shift levels. The street tune is like Edge on 7-1/2. More than enough power, and with this power the tranny shifts, and does not have to hunt on a differnt power level, especially with the Edge which defuels to aid in shifting. I stay in this tune 80% of the time, and only when towing 8000 or more I switch to tow tune. Very rarely used the track or race tune, dont need the torque converter locked in all 5 gears. They are all good, just some are better than others, some shift ok, but SCT shifts the best. Good Luck Jeff

Quick Reply: 6.0 power stroke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.