Notices

08 duramax vs 06 duramax

Old 01-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
I kinda don't get that one, as they are the same frame, suspension, and running gear as the GMT 800 (last gen)?

could be as simple as a better quality shock? (Not hard to accomplish as they have always been junk in the past)
Are you saying they put a completely new body on the old frame,I haven't looked that close. I guess what I notice the most is the ultra plush 12 way seats don't have pronounced side bolsters digging into each side of my back like my 06 lt3 did. They lay way back,my last ones didn't and I couldn't get comfortable when trying to relax when riding as a passenger on trips. I'm sure the 17" 265's have more side wall and give less feedback from the road then the stock tires on the last one did.
I bought Bushwacker extend a fender flares and put them on but took them off because they look too big for the stock tires plus they wacked 1/2 mpg off gas mileage in back to back testing. Not sure what I'm going to do,the next size smaller are only 3/4" wide,the ones I got were 1 3/4 wide,without anything road grime sprays down the side of the truck forward of the back tires to the front doors,Smitty
Old 01-12-2008, 02:30 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I've done some math, and any way I slice it owing 21K on my '06 with 4700 miles just can't be beat...

plus I still struggle with the asthetics of the NBS HD