Notices

Dodge Nitro input

Old 01-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Nitro input

Thinking of getting the wife an Nitro R/T 4x4 for the wife. I am pretty much a Ford guy unless it's a Vette or older Hot Rod, but the Nitro looks the coolest out of the mid size SUV's under 35k. Everything I read about them seems good but I am looking for some real input.

Thanks, Greg

P.S. I aint towing with it.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:03 AM
Registered

If your a Ford guy, then go and test drive a new Edge. I just bought my wife one, and we LOVE it. Super quiet, smooth, and quite fast ! Excelent MPG too.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Registered

I had an Edge for a weekend and they are nice but I can get a better deal on the Nitro, cheaper, 0% vs 5.9 and free service vs me doing it.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Registered

Stay away from dodge unless you plan on keeping it forever, no resale period. I am done with new age mopar. The edge is so over the nitro its funny.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You will like the Nitro. Everything depreciates like a stone the first couple of years, There might be some serious deals on the one year olds (rental returns) in the near future as Chrysler had to dump a lot of units into rental in the fourth quarter to move excess inventory.

If you take the 0 for sixty months make sure you plan on owning it for the full term of the loan.

Be aware that the Nitro may be discontinued in the near future as Chrysler consolidates models.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

drove one from buffalo to saratoga springs this year to see a dave matthews concert. it was only a couple hundred miles but the back seats were brutal and the front ones didnt have very much leg room i found. on the bright side it looks really cool, and it was pretty fast. the fold out table in the back and the electric plug in the center console was a nice feature for camping though.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read a review of the Nitro in a Road and Track magazine one time: Under the heading of 'Pro', it said, "nothing". Under the heading of 'Con', it had a huge list, aka everything. And coupled with the fact that it's ugly as a constipated donkey. There's a reason you can get it cheap. I think Ford has a real winner with the Edge in my opinion.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Registered

We went and looked/drove, not gonna do it, then drove a Toyota FJ she likes it but I know she's going to run into stuff because of the blind spots it has.
Going to Ford/Linc. today to look drive the Escape's,Edge,Explorers, and the Linc/Merc versions. We have already had an 01 Explorer and 04 Escape, 02 Expedtion,01 Excursion and a ton of F-trucks all great cars so looks like going back home with a Ford.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:53 AM
Registered

Buying a Lincoln is a waste of money unless you want others to know you spent more money for some chrome. No difference in the the two units. We also looked at the Lincoln version. Nice interior and a little nicer outside differences. But thats it! And for another $10 000.00, yah right. I see them now and chuckle to myself. I just think its a pure status vehicle that says, "look, don't I look rich" . My opinion.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
Buying a Lincoln is a waste of money unless you want others to know you spent more money for some chrome. No difference in the the two units. We also looked at the Lincoln version. Nice interior and a little nicer outside differences. But thats it! And for another $10 000.00, yah right. I see them now and chuckle to myself. I just think its a pure status vehicle that says, "look, don't I look rich" . My opinion.
I agree, unless it's a new 07 left over. The place I am working with has a loaded 07 MKX AWD for 31k. The best price I have got on a 08 Edge is 34k for a loaded one.

Quick Reply: Dodge Nitro input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.