Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
See if I'm unique: any Rolls Royce owners? >

See if I'm unique: any Rolls Royce owners?

Notices

See if I'm unique: any Rolls Royce owners?

Old 02-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default See if I'm unique: any Rolls Royce owners?

I'm no longer an old Porsche and Mercedes fan. Bought one Spur and thats turning into a 928 like collection obsession! 3 Spurs and thinking next looking for a decent Shadow, or Wraith for showing with the RR club. Eventually also need not want an Early Corniche or two, nice to have a Steve McQueen as seen in Thomas Crown affair coupe! The biggest factor in my obsession with Spurs, is on long drives have not driven a better vehicle. You cant feel bumps, very comfortable seats and even driving nearly 2000 miles in one. Sure got tired but did not experience driver fatigue. First long drive San Fran suburbs (Hayward) to Las Vegas only stopping for fuel and snacks. Arrived after driving all night at 5am or so. Checked into hotel, slept until 8 am. Had car washed at some hand wash place and took care of housing lease details, then looking for other house deals all day until 5 or 6 pm. Tired but not feeling fatigued at all......... I've never done that type of driving in a "luxury" European car and not felt almost hung over all day.

So anyone else own these British potential nightmare toys?
Old 02-15-2008, 03:02 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Does a 1946 count?
Attached Thumbnails See if I'm unique: any Rolls Royce owners?-newell.jpg  

Last edited by WARPARTY36; 02-15-2008 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:04 AM
Registered

I have done a 4wheel disc conv. using a gm hydro vac and corvette calipers and discs also did a holley 4barrel conv. on the stock intake runs better than ever old carbs. were worn out all the rolls mech. said live with it the cust said he wish hi had put the holley on years ago 1962 silver cloud
Old 02-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of my customers has a hot rodded 69. 406 SBC, th700r4, 4 wheel discs from a 85 vette. Full air suspension. all body and interior pieces original. Now thats a sweet ride.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Does a 1946 count?
Yes it does count. The shop I took the latest and newest to me Spur had a 1950 Silver Wraith that I was drooling over. The wood work alone in early post war RR's is amazing.

I joined the RR club and want to do some of their concours events this summer. Thinking of getting a 1970's Bentley T or Shadow maybe that era Wraith for participation in those shows. The Spur's are more drivers over good show cars. The 1988 that I just picked up could be easy prepped for that purpose. After I fix Planet Hollywood's valet bump ding on the rear corner. Worst Valets at PH I've ever encountered. Day before while waiting 40 minutes for my car. They left a new Lambo owner standing with keys in hand for 20 minutes. Their Valets are the only ones who not only expect a large tip to park your car up front, they also make you ask and leave you waiting to check your car in! The Palms the head Valet was an ex pat Brit and despite knowing his RR's declined tip and parked it with a Maybach up front............

Most would frown at some of the updates. On the drive back had a tire blow out and lost both rear hub caps. $480+ each is the least expensive I've found. Yet oem used rims are $1200for all four. I'm thinking of updating the 88' with Euro head lights, bit much for them though at $1,050 for a set. So can see why people end up updating mechanical wear parts with Non RR stuff............
Old 02-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

We have a 1989 Corniche with 16k miles. We bought it with 10k miles 6 years ago and it has been trouble free. Before it I had a 1982 Corniche for 8 years & before that a Shadow Conv. I'm looking to sell my 89....Pics.@ www.merecedeshowroom.com

LS
Old 02-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Zudnic
On the drive back had a tire blow out and lost both rear hub caps. $480+ each is the least expensive I've found.
Post a pic. of the hub caps you need....I think I may have 2.
If they are the same you can have 2-for $ 500.

Steve