Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
I Need Transportation For My Boat >

I Need Transportation For My Boat

Notices

I Need Transportation For My Boat

Old 02-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder what the price would be for a larger boat (47 Fountain)
Old 02-26-2008, 02:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
just curious why don't you post the name and number of the company I would be happy to call them and see what kind of limits they have on cargo insurance and their safety record which I can go on a federal website and see if they are really legal. Oh and by the way if you got there number on Uship they don't check to see if the person is legal or not. so you can own a 1500 pickup and post that you can haul for hire without providing the legal paperwork to go with it.
You took the word right out of my keyboard Jeff. Hey Dallas, we are not trying to throw you under the bus here. Please post the above info including the the MC number. We will check this carrier out to protect your best interest. Also carrier will give you a number not including whats called FSG meaning fuel surcharge. The key for a rate quote is "all inclusive".
Old 02-26-2008, 06:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I left last Monday for the Miami Poker Run with my Ford F 350 Diesel & my 38 ft Cigarette from NJ to Miami it was 1,350 miles i burned 130 gal at last week prices 3.59 gal took me 22 driving hrs, i bet it cost me $ 750 for the trip with me owning everything, and fuel went up .15 a gal
Attached Thumbnails I Need Transportation For My Boat-mike-playing-n-f-350-042.jpg  
Old 02-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered

I would like the name of the transport company, not because I want to question you, but because I want to use them to tow my boat at the end of the season from Chicago to a place I have in Florida. At that price, it would be cheaper than winterizing! Then I could fly down periodically and use the boat!
Old 02-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Banned

I am still waitiing for their DOT number so that I can run a history and information on the company
Old 02-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned

I am still waitiing for their DOT number so that I can run a history and information on the company and see how real they are
Old 02-27-2008, 02:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dallas
Another question I would ask this carrier is about accessorial charges aka hidden costs. Lets think of the worse case scenario. While enroute the trailer frys a spindle. Not too likely anyone may have an axle in stock so its shipped next day air. The carrier will be sitting anywhere from 2-3 days. Time is money....what will he be charging you?
Get his MC number and we will run it for you and check him out.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered

Default I Called

I Called And Left A Message With His Office To Request The Info U Guys Want. I Did Find Some Thing Out Last Time I Spoke To Him. I Told Him Some People I Know Didnt Understand How He Could Do It So Cheap. I Learned Some Thing Interesting. He Told Me The Only Reason He Can Do Mine As Cheap As I Wanted. He Has To Go To Chicago Any Way And He Is Pulling Back A Hustler. He Wouldnt Tell Me But He Is Paying Alot More Than What I Am. So That May Expalin The Rest Of The Story. But As Soon As He Gets Back To Me I Will Get You Ur Info. It Was My Fault I Just Assumed He Was Charging The Other Guy The Same As Me
Old 02-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pookie
I bet they'll put the boat and trailer in a 53' box and transport it with some other cargo. That's actually much better because you don't have to worry about something hitting it or wear on the trailer. That just makes sense with a boat that size. Unfortunately, that's about the limit in size.

No way that a 28 Eliminator Daytona would fit inside a 102" wide semi trailer (100" inside width)..... Eliminator shows it as 108" wide.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAVelocity
No way that a 28 Eliminator Daytona would fit inside a 102" wide semi trailer (100" inside width)..... Eliminator shows it as 108" wide.
Flatbed?

Quick Reply: I Need Transportation For My Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.