Notices

Questions about load ranges

Old 03-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about load ranges

I have a 2007 F250 with the factory Goodyear 20s that have a load range of E, I am looking at doing some 325/60/20 Toyo open country on new wheels but they have a load range of D. Will this matter towing a 32 foot center console? What about towing a big gooseneck trailer? Hope someone on here is familiar with load ranges and can help me out. Thanks Mike
Old 03-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered

I had the Mud Countrys on my F-250 and they were E -rated,,read the actual gvw sidewall rating on both tires and I think you'll be surprised,,Toyos have always had a higher rating compared to other manufacturers
Old 03-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Even the heavy duty E-load rated wheels can fail. This happened to PhantomChaos on his Excursion as one his actually cracked the wheel while towing his 382 Formula to Havasu.

You definately CANNOT skimp on the wheels. Look into wheels from www.wheelpros.com like the MotoMetals,IceMetals, Helo, as well as Welds and Mickey Thompson.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Even the heavy duty E-load rated wheels can fail. This happened to PhantomChaos on his Excursion as one his actually cracked the wheel while towing his 382 Formula to Havasu.

You definately CANNOT skimp on the wheels. Look into wheels from www.wheelpros.com like the MotoMetals,IceMetals, Helo, as well as Welds and Mickey Thompson.
Alcoas or the like,, I hate to say it because I'v owned lots of em,,but some Welds=Chinese but most wheel manufacturers are using the "overseas" vendors IMHO
Old 03-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Don't plan on skimping on the wheels. But they recommended the toyo open county at. I looked them up on the internet and they are d rated. I do not want to take away towing capacity on my truck.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder
I had the Mud Countrys on my F-250 and they were E -rated,,read the actual gvw sidewall rating on both tires and I think you'll be surprised,,Toyos have always had a higher rating compared to other manufacturers
Just going on what the toyo site said, they did not have the tire in stock. They will have them there next week for me so I will check them out then. Thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Oops, I read your post wrong, but also; you can't skimp on the tires either. Look into BFGoodrich All Terrain KO and the Nitto Terra Grappler as well as their brand new tire.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oops, I read your post wrong, but also; you can't skimp on the tires either. Look into BFGoodrich All Terrain KO and the Nitto Terra Grappler as well as their brand new tire.
Don't worry, I will always lean towards spending more money to get what I think is the best. I have been looking at tires and it seems that all 325/60/20 are d rated. Seems every truck I see down here has big tires and wheels and they seem to be towing. I am probably just reading into it more than I should.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Registered

Toyos in that size are rated at 3195lbs in a single wheel configuration what does it say on your Goodyears sidewall?
Old 03-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder
Toyos in that size are rated at 3195lbs in a single wheel configuration what does it say on your Goodyears sidewall?
3750 at 80lbs