Notices

Thank you FORD!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thank you FORD!

Just picked my truck back up from the dealership after work this afternoon..
its an f06 F250 4x4 supercab 4wd that I bought brand new off their lot.

The truck was my commuter, work horse and toy hauler. It pulled a trailer almost every day and a ~3000 tote in the bed daily.. Along with towing my sunsation and the fourwheeler trailers and hay trailer, it saw a lot of work. But for the motor to shell out at 76,xxx miles, sheesh!

After having the headbolts stretch out and ruining the block, ive got a practically new motor.. When they were putting it back together, they discovered 3 valves that were bad and replaced all of them.. So short of a turbo and electronics, i have a brand new engine courtesy of Ford becuase of their defective head bolts. Dropped it off at Premier for a full set of gauges just to keep a better eye on things from here on out.

So a big thanks goes out to Ford for my new motor at 80,000 miles..

Thank GOD they retired the 6.o

2- 6.4's (an f250 with a camper in the bed and a new f450)

3 - 7.3 liter powerstrokes that haul EVERY DAY at max capacity and two over 150k miles and the F550 at over 300,000 miles.

Never had to replace ANYTHING on these trucks other than maintenance items (which im considering batteries, starters, alternators, hoses, belts and disposables as maintenance items)

Until we got my truck. First big failure we've seen.. Am I upset? No! I would be if they hadnt been so easy to work with on the failure under warranty. They even replaced my fuel filters, rotated my tires, did a full inspection on the truck and gave me a new Mustang to drive (which i returned for an explorer!) Every company has failures, but i gotta applaud Ford for bein so easy to work with on this. No questions asked..

Thumbs up for Fords Warranty Program
Thumbs DOWN for Fords 6.0 Powerstroke
Old 03-05-2008, 05:53 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't thank Ford, thank your dealer. I have had the exact opposite results in dealing with all the dealers around me. Call up Ford and they just say sorry take it to another dealer.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is all about the dealer. i live about an hour from the one i go to, but they are the best...I drive past or near other ones but will not let them touch my truck. My truck had completly new heads at 34,000 miles. I asked about studs and he said sure if you want to buy them..but let me fix it my way first, if it does it again, then we will put the studs on next time....you just buy the studs...Now all my buds only go to this dealer for work....
Old 03-05-2008, 10:05 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Don't thank Ford, thank your dealer. I have had the exact opposite results in dealing with all the dealers around me. Call up Ford and they just say sorry take it to another dealer.
Exactly, your dealer is taking the long view, smart man I'm thinking.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:52 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Praise the dealer. They did the right thing for a change !!!