Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Florida car dealer??(Naples) Any Bentley owners >

Florida car dealer??(Naples) Any Bentley owners

Notices

Florida car dealer??(Naples) Any Bentley owners

Old 03-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida car dealer??(Naples) Any Bentley owners

Has any purchased or herd anything about Ambassador Auto Sales, Inc. on Davis Blvd, in Naples FL? Good, bad, heads up would be appreciated. I need not want a Bentley Turbo R and they have one thats perfect; color and low miles, etcetera.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GARAG...em280208589756
Old 03-16-2008, 01:39 AM
Registered

Never mind ran Carfax and that Bentley is a Japanese imported one. Have a rule about books and records, plus buying vehicles from certain places of origin. Japan is one of the places. I don't buy without books and records. Tip: a lot of high end cars are coming into North America from Japan. I don't purchase those for a reason.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Why would they be imported from Japan? I thought everything was being shipped out of the U.S. with our dismal dollar.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm curious as well... not that I have any plans to import a car from Japan, just wondering why you consider it a no-no.

On an unrelated note, that dealership must be doing something right... I see a ton of Bentleys on the road around here.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

I generally don't like Ebay ads that photo shoot the car at a public place rather than the dealership. If they were such a great dealership you would think they would want their showroom in the background of the pictures not a shopping center.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I generally don't like Ebay ads that photo shoot the car at a public place rather than the dealership. If they were such a great dealership you would think they would want their showroom in the background of the pictures not a shopping center.
Simple answer: Marketing 101. It's the subliminal message that the photo sends to the viewer. "I imagine myself arriving in the Bentley at the jewelry store" vs "Come visit a car dealer".

A good example is travel/airline advertising... you never see pix of a plane sitting at a gate or on the runway- it's always in the air- going to some exotic vacation destination.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Simple answer: Marketing 101. It's the subliminal message that the photo sends to the viewer. "I imagine myself arriving in the Bentley at the jewelry store" vs "Come visit a car dealer".

A good example is travel/airline advertising... you never see pix of a plane sitting at a gate or on the runway- it's always in the air- going to some exotic vacation destination.
I understand the airline analogy but if you are buying a used car, you would want the assurance this is not a fly by night used car lot that will fold up an hour after buying the car. I also think an 18 year old Bentley will be spending a lot of time at the mechanic's shop rather than the mall/jewelry store!

I have always liked those Turbo R's but would feel like an idiot after buying the dream and waiting for a tow truck to take me and the car in to the mechanic. My last car was an Audi A8L that was leased, was the best 36K I ever spent. No repairs, no tow trucks, 48K miles of use and all I had to buy was a set of tires. 83K car and for 1K a month I got to enjoy it with no surprises. I like knowing all the costs of admission going in rather than the guesstimate of how much a car will cost me to own. My truck has 113K on it in 4 1/2 years and it is paid for but owning a GMC Diesel out of warranty isn't as scary as owning a highline import.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I understand the airline analogy but if you are buying a used car, you would want the assurance this is not a fly by night used car lot that will fold up an hour after buying the car. I also think an 18 year old Bentley will be spending a lot of time at the mechanic's shop rather than the mall/jewelry store!

I have always liked those Turbo R's but would feel like an idiot after buying the dream and waiting for a tow truck to take me and the car in to the mechanic..
Exactly why wanted to at least have an idea that it was not a fly by night type place before flying down. Bentley/Rolls Royces are scary on most repairs. Hence why even on this with low miles, would do the 50K service. Dealer goes over every inch of car and replaces everything they see that could be a problem. You get a 3 year unlimited warranty with this service at authorized dealership. Its only worth going to this length on a perfect near showroom appearance car. $6K to $12K for mechanical service. Worth it because not only does Your car look showroom, the service ensures the mechanical is near new as well.

Problem. Japan's retail even with exchange is about near half wholesale in the U.S. More Canadian dealers have discovered this source of cars. The Japanese have figured out this is a good business. Problem though they as well want to increase their profit margin. Roll backs and rebuilt wrecks are common from them.