Notices

Trailer purchase help

Old 05-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you want top quality from the good guys, call these guys, anything you want at the best price & see what they have done- Owen & sons 727.323.1088
Old 05-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered

I had one made by Nextrail for the Donzi and it seems to be holding up very well. I had the Scarab one built by TNT in Tampa and it seems good also. It does seem to be showing a little wear on the inside of the tires so I need to call and see what may be causing that.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Registered

I've been quoted $12K for a steel trailer (35' boat) , torsion axles, EOH brakes, and mounted spare.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by sleek1
I've been quoted $12K for a steel trailer (35' boat) , torsion axles, EOH brakes, and mounted spare.
I hope that is either from MYCO or Manning....
Old 05-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I bet you are....

That's a once in a lifetime deal though...
I think you are right. Spent about $60,- in seals and brake parts this spring and it works like new...
Old 05-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try "Aluminum slide on" in St Pete fl.
727-323-1088
They have options from barebones to loaded.
Good quality. A step or two above a fast load.
I ordered new a fast load trip axel for 30'. It was decent for the money 5800.00.
My Alumnium slide on for my 35 was 10K loaded up with LED, full stainless bolts, elect of hydr brakes, SS brakes, etc......
Tows excellent!!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Available Trailers

I have 2 trailers for sale. One is a Boatmaster Alum trailer with all new stuff, axels, tires, wheels, brakes, and bearings. It has Led lights, power jack and power winch, and is polished. If interested I can send pictures. The price for this one is $ 6000.00
The other one is a fastload and is in great shape. This one is $5500.00.
Either one will work for a 38 V bottom. They are in PA.
We also build steel trailers but they are a lot more, around $16 to 20 thousand. PM me if interested.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Carguy08
How much should I be looking to spend for a 38 foot V bottom trailer? I dont want to spend a ton (I dont tow often) but something aluminum that will tow safely. I do need it fairly quickly. What manufactures should I check out in FLA.
Thanks
There is a company called South Florida Trailers if they're still in buss.. they have the nice aluminum with all stainless and bronze hardware. LED lights, rubber torsion axels, stainless calipers with cadmium rotors etc.... the way to go for salt and they stay looking nice. If they're gone, there are other builders out there that will build the same package..

Respectfully, I would not recomend Driftwood, Techsun, or Del Mar Trailers from Texas.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I just bought a HI-TECH trailer out of florida through one of their local salesman.

Torsion Axles, , LED lights, Center Bunks, Disc Brakes on all 3 axles, Spare Tire & Hub Assembly, and I had him build the main beams all the way to the end of the transom so they were flush with the transom and back of the bunks - this caused an increase in the I-Beam size - so some extra $$.

I ordered it on 5/5. Last I heard they had gotten the hull layout from CIG and it was to be delivered today or tomorrow to my door.

Member Old School on here has one under his Top Gun and was happy with it so I figured if it was good enough for that boat it was good enough for mine. (Plus it was half of what a new Myco Costs)

If you want to know the cost PM me but it was a VERY fair price.

ERIC
lol. i came across them before seeing this post & called them early today. told him i needed one for a Cafe. He was a bit puzzled & said well im building one for a Cafe now. Got a quote, good price, but more than what i want to spend right now.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
lol. i came across them before seeing this post & called them early today. told him i needed one for a Cafe. He was a bit puzzled & said well im building one for a Cafe now. Got a quote, good price, but more than what i want to spend right now.
I went through a local salesman and he was cheaper delivered to my house then calling them direct would even build it.

Quick Reply: Trailer purchase help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.