Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Who is making the best deals on 3/4 ton pickups nowadays >

Who is making the best deals on 3/4 ton pickups nowadays

Notices

Who is making the best deals on 3/4 ton pickups nowadays

Old 05-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just took another one in on trade 2008 F 250 Diesel. 47k list and can be yours in the low 30's
Old 05-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger
Ford is the only way to go????? They can"t give the fuel hogs away. Especially the diesels.
Double edge sword there....... They guzzle diesel and don't run well..........
Old 05-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should buy a 07 model....45k trucks are going for 18 to 21k....crue cab dually 4x4...I have peeps in Tupelo or Jackson Tn....let me know if I can help....
Old 05-31-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered

You should decide which truck you like the best then work the best deal you can. long term, you'll be happier paying a little more for a truck you love rather than tell your friends "Hey it's junk and I hate it but I got a good deal".
Buy what you like! Any dealer worth his salt should work out a great deal for you. Any dealer who won't budge off of list price should be avoided!
Old 05-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered

go look for a 07' mg diesel, ,that way there's no ''dpf'' system and they run great,my 06' duramax daulley runs great and get 17mpg's empty and 12-14mpg's loaded,you just got to get 20-30k on them and the milage goes up and you got to drive it like you stold it and put a load on it while its still young, and i bought this one because of the great warrenty i had on my 02' duramax, and im going to buy an 09'-10' because ive gotten taken care of on thios 06' under warrenty
Old 06-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by gmcman
You should decide which truck you like the best then work the best deal you can. long term, you'll be happier paying a little more for a truck you love rather than tell your friends "Hey it's junk and I hate it but I got a good deal".
Buy what you like! Any dealer worth his salt should work out a great deal for you. Any dealer who won't budge off of list price should be avoided!

Well put. In all reality you could be owning this truck for a lot of years so a few extra dollars at purchase is a small price to pay. Popular Mechanics just did an article comparing the three trucks and ranked the GM best by a big margin. Be prepared that which ever truck you buy it will depreciate like a stone. Yes if you can find the right used truck and the dealer who took it in right or owner is willing to take the "hit" there are used truck deals to be had.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Registered

they have stould behind mine [i had 12 injs and 1 new engine done under warrenty]and 99% of the diesels on diesel place that have had inj's go bad,why do you say they won't warrenty yours ,did you have it chipped? or modded?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by augie58
Well put. In all reality you could be owning this truck for a lot of years so a few extra dollars at purchase is a small price to pay. Popular Mechanics just did an article comparing the three trucks and ranked the GM best by a big margin. Be prepared that which ever truck you buy it will depreciate like a stone. Yes if you can find the right used truck and the dealer who took it in right or owner is willing to take the "hit" there are used truck deals to be had.
I do not put much thought when reading articles from magazines. I own both STOCK 08 Ford F350 and Gmc 3500 dually's. Both have their good points, both awesome machines for what we use them for. Both get the job done, one pulls far better (Ford) while the other one (gmc) has just a little more grunt..but no suspension to handle the tougher 11k on up loads. Both are within 1mpg GMC being better. Ford has the nicer egernomic interior. Ford looks beefier and GMC would look better once GM gets rid of their girly small tires that they use on all their trucks. It's a toss up, but for what I do the edge goes to the Ford..oh ya, it tows the boat much easier, with less sway and more control..it just takes me a little longer to get up those long hills.

Quick Reply: Who is making the best deals on 3/4 ton pickups nowadays

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.