Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
thinking about a new car what do ya think >

thinking about a new car what do ya think

Notices

thinking about a new car what do ya think

Old 06-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Size Matters
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ar15meister
If you live in a cold climate like I do and need two cars I would suggest buying a 4x4 pickup truck that can be used to tow a boat and haul anything from people to rock salt.....thats what I did but then again I already have a few Corvettes and muscle cars to choose from whenever I want one and wthe weather up in Canada is cooperating.

I see in your sig line it says Florida, if I lived there I would drive a Vette all year round. Dont mess around with Mustangs, they are nowhere close to the car a Vette is and they arent that much less expensive. If I was you I would get into a 2 year old Z06 which you could probably find for right around 50-55k.

Forget BMW's and Porsche's....those are girl cars If you buy one make sure you get the body coloured purse option.....you will need it!

Vettes are easliy serviced and the motors are generally bulletproof if you do proper servicing and take care of it. If you are into offshore boats regular service on a Vette will be a cinch compared to the **** you are used to.

If you want to buy something cool and cheap and save for the next boat buy a used 2003-2004 Vette Z06 and just have fun with it. You wont lose too much on it and it is a kickass vehicle and looks great/sounds great. They are suprisingly livable too even as a daily driver.

But if you live in a cold climate---buy a P/U (1999-2003 American made whatever--no japanese trucks) and then buy yourself a hotrod like the aformentioned Vette or even a 2003-2004 Cobra Mustang (wicked car for the money IMO)--or go old school and buy a 87' Buick GN and have some fun with it.

Good luck.

GET A 996 GT3 Girls car MY A## I bet if u went for a ride u would wet your panty's

400 HP, 3000LB OF PURE RACE CAR

Come to Chi town and I will give u a ride.

BRING YOUR DEPENDS!!!

http://www.rudtnersracing.com/Videos/start.wmv

If u buy a vette you will be just like all the other vinneys, get the gold chain option with it!

Last edited by Bigracks; 06-05-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

only 1 car for me
Attached Thumbnails thinking about a new car what do ya think-dscn8916.jpg   thinking about a new car what do ya think-dscn8917.jpg  
Old 06-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bigracks
GET A 996 GT3 Girls car MY A## I bet if u went for a ride u would wet your panty's

BRING YOUR DEPENDS!!!

If u buy a vette you will be just like all the other vinneys, get the gold chain option with it!
thats sum bad chit right there for sure...my buddy just grabbed an 08 TT with a tip so his Mrs's did wipe out the clutch..did a tubi exhaust and some programming stuff...simply brutal
Old 06-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Size Matters
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
thats sum bad chit right there for sure...my buddy just grabbed an 08 TT with a tip so his Mrs's did wipe out the clutch..did a tubi exhaust and some programming stuff...simply brutal
before chrismas this yearGot a 05 996 GT3 from Conn, had 568 miles on it totally stock no stg 1 0r2 revs now it has a set of cargraphics on it

SWEET SOUND!! this car is a sleeping beast. adjusted the front and rear s/ bars and now it does not push as much and the rear is a little freer. U put a corvette driver in this car and u better have a good body shop friend
Attached Thumbnails thinking about a new car what do ya think-gt3-001-custom-.jpg  

Last edited by Bigracks; 06-06-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:51 AM
S-S
Gold Member
Gold Member

man that car in the vid is nasty i am looking at a 05 997 tomorrow
Originally Posted by Bigracks

BRING YOUR DEPENDS!!!

Old 06-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Bought a 2002 M3 Coupe the other day with a 6 speed. I really like the car. It's classy looking (doesn't have the boy racer image), fits 4 easily, and has some great power for not a ton of money. And yes, this coming from Mercedes guy.
Attached Thumbnails thinking about a new car what do ya think-bmwm3lf.jpg   thinking about a new car what do ya think-bmwm3back.jpg   thinking about a new car what do ya think-bmwm3engine.jpg  

Old 06-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Registered

if you want a great sports car buy a ''ferrari'',for 50k there are some deals out there,,355's and testarossa's come to mind,and everybody wants one and every person from 5 to 95 knows what they are
Old 06-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
if you want a great sports car buy a ''ferrari'',for 50k there are some deals out there,,355's and testarossa's come to mind,and everybody wants one and every person from 5 to 95 knows what they are
nice cars for sure...had an older 308. car was in the shop more then on the road
Old 06-07-2008, 11:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The TR is a cheap thrill these days- just so damned dated looking. The 355 is still very contemporary looking but not much of a daily driver- more toy than car. And if you think the Porsche is expensive to fix...
Old 06-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
(doesn't have the boy racer image). And yes, this coming from Mercedes guy.
Yes it does, get another MB again.... M3's are nice cars with lots of potential BUT they are NOT MB and there is a class difference between the owners... Again, NOT because of the car itself but due to the fact that they are owned by wannabees and hip hop youngster from .............

Quick Reply: thinking about a new car what do ya think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.