Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Shipping cost: Toledo, Oh to Lake Havasu, AZ >

Shipping cost: Toledo, Oh to Lake Havasu, AZ

Notices

Shipping cost: Toledo, Oh to Lake Havasu, AZ

Old 08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping cost: Toledo, Oh to Lake Havasu, AZ

What would it cost to ship the following boat from Toledo, Ohio to Lake Havasu, Arizona??

Wellcraft Prima 2600

LOA: 30'

Thanks.

David

Old 08-22-2008, 12:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it's not over-width, expect to pay $2.25 a mile for an interstate tow. That's just about what everyone is quoting. You may find cheaper, but there's always a catch- like no 9or bogus) insurance. Also, if the guy shows up and doesn't have a company name and DOT number on the door of his truck, pass.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

Thanks Chris.

Do you have any recommended haulers??
Old 08-22-2008, 05:17 PM

I have a hauler bringing me a boat- it's actually going to Toledo. That might work out grreat for him. PM or e-mail me.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I have a hauler bringing me a boat- it's actually going to Toledo. That might work out grreat for him. PM or e-mail me.
What did you pick up now ...?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:39 PM

Cigarette 24.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered

I'd like to thank you, the timeing of this thread could not come at a better time. I am looking at a boat in CA and need to get estimates of the cost of hauling from there to basically Chicago.

Also what can I expect from the hauler? I believe that the trailer is in like new conduition but not 100%. Also do you know about having it flat bedded?

Thank you for any information,
SmilingBob
Old 09-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Registered

i can help. getting a trailer fresh bearings and brakes is often much less expensive than flatbedding vs on hook tow. i transport all 48 nation wide. please check my ad in classifieds under "marine services" my service is "Tug-Boat" marine transport. i am well insured, have an ecxellent reputation, and charge average rates. you could easily pay 4 dollars per mile on the flatbed. call me if you wish 847.809.7110 i will be happy to answer any of your questions. or go to www.tugmyboat.com there is a quote page there too!!
Dan
yes ps, beware of cut rate haulers, no end of nightmarish stories i hear about these guys, no insurance , no driver license, paid a deposit and cant find them. especially on u-ship. lots of stolen deposits for transport. boats left roadside or at scale house impounds! i personally got 6 transports last year picking up boats from DOT scale house impounds because the fly by night operators got busted or broke down roadside and had no credentials.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Registered

I'm looking for somebody to bring one from Las Vegas back to Toledo, OH.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies. I've been away from OSO for a few days and just checked this form.

I'm waiting on the buyer to make a decision on the boat. Once I know for sure I'll contact the transporters.

-David

Quick Reply: Shipping cost: Toledo, Oh to Lake Havasu, AZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.