Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Project! Keep us updated
Old 09-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Will, are you getting the fenders that have the vents built into the front of them?

I like the looks of the vents on them.

I assume you are going to white out the mirrors and the door handles too. A nice set of clear clearance lights will also look sharp.

I look forward to seeing the finished truck.
I am going with the fenders that don't have the vents. I like the look of the vents, but thought that they would do nothing but catch bugs and dirt. I have considered paining the door handles white, but the mirrors are going to stay black. They blend in OK with the black windows. I already have all of the clear LED clearance lights on the truck. All are clear lenses except the tail lights (I like the red better) and the lights in the mirrors. I put smoked lenses in there to make them disappear in the black mirror when they are not on.

Originally Posted by thunderusone
The guy at Chrome wheel is a DIK! I have bought two sets of wheels for 4500 GMC from him. He was the only guy I could find that had direct bolt 22.5's in that big goofy 8 lug pattern. If you ever get wheels from him, get the lug covers and hub covers somewhere else. Also the steel inners were not true.

Oh yea......the the truck looks awesome!! Do you have 4:88's? If so, it will finally be geared right and probably pick up a little on mileage.
Thanks for the info on Chrome Wheels. I got that same impression when I talked to them. I do have the 4.88 gears. The guys att the dealership said the same thing. They think that the larger tires and the exhaust mods will increase my mileage. We'll see.

Last edited by Hot Duck; 09-09-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

The truck looks great, but the tires look they will be very loud. Can you take some pics of how you are going to do the water tank and pump?

I still like the Camaro better.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by wananewboat
The truck looks great, but the tires look they will be very loud. Can you take some pics of how you are going to do the water tank and pump?

I still like the Camaro better.
I agree. I like the Camaro better too!

I have a roll top bed cover on the truck, so we had to find a tank that would fit under that. I chose to go with a tank from ATTA. It forms an "L" shape around the roll top canister and therefore does not waste much bed space. This tank is designed to carry fuel, but they said there will not be any problems using it for water.

Once the tank is mounted we will use a 12 volt RV style demand pump to move the water. We may mount this on the tank or under the truck. We'll decide when we get to that point. Anyhow, when it is finished you just have to flip a switch to turn on the power to the pump and attach a garden hose. The pump will turn on and off automatically as you squeeze the hose nozzle and ask for water.

It's a pretty simple setup actually. We had this same arrangement on our old gooseneck Myco and it worked like a charm. The nice thing is that you can wash and flush the boat anywhere without having to look for a hose or wait in line to use one when away from home.

Here is a link to the web site for the tank. We are using the 52 gallon tank/tool box combo.

http://attatank.com/atta/roll_top_bed_cover_hauler.html
Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

We had the same pump set up in Jacksonville, but the tank was inside a tool box. The tank was to small and we had to keep filling it at the park next to the parking area.

When we were in Jacksonville they had your boat on the big screen with your name and MD. The guy next to me said "he must be a doctor" I said no I think he is from Maryland.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great will, dont get me started again.....
Old 09-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Registered

I'm a little slow , could you post a pic of the pump . Is there a special hose trigger to install on end of hose ? I'm going to install a wash down tank on my skater trailer .

Larry
Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick project! It's a dually but has a off road look to it (lift, knobby tires, big brush gaurd) which I like a lot...keep us updated with pics!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Looks great. I run the same tires. They are not loud for a MT tire.

Sam
Old 09-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Boomer! Sooner!
Gold Member

What programmer are you using to turn off the regen, SCT or Spartan? I hope your running one or it will go into constanst regen after 500 miles.

Quick Reply: 2008 F-450 Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.