Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
2006 ford extended cab trade in price >

2006 ford extended cab trade in price

Notices

2006 ford extended cab trade in price

Old 09-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
A local Chevy dealer just royaly insulted me then on trade offer on 05 GMC 2500 SLE 4x4, 66K miles. $7500 you have got to be f-n kidding me.

I told him that if I had bought that truck new and they offered me that they'd lost my business permanantly. I wasn't even planning on trading in but figured I'd check. Now I don't really want to buy there.

I'm a GM employee and so adding trade in haggling just isn't worth it when the price is set on the deal, especially with a lowball like that.
thats about right on the money, rough black book is $8500 without adding or deducting anything(miles,equipment)
it's a really $hitty market right now for any truck van or suv
Old 09-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
That is all the money (trade in) for a reg cab w/ 6.0 gas motor. No one wants those.....

Got offered 10K for a 03 Crew Cab 2500 Diesel 2WD with 125K on it last month. Rough book on all big trucks right now......
It's extended cab, just like what I was looking at.

I'm sorry, but I'm throwing the bull **** flag on these dealerships. Yeah, market is gone when you're trading in, but not on THEIR used trucks, which are still being priced high.

Plus, around Detroit, there is demand and not too much supply that I found for the sub $15K market. Everything I called on last month was gone before I could see it. These things are selling, and for more than $7500 trade in. I probably have it sold at $11,600 to one guy I mentioned it too, and could get more in the autotrader easily I'd bet.

This is still LOW pricing on a 4 model year old truck that stickered at $35K.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by S-S
i was just over on the ford site someone said they picked up a new 2008 4x4 f150 sticker was 36,000 bought it for 23,200 .
Ford and Dodge 08 half tons will be going for peanuts new by the end of the year, once the production is "full speed" on the redesigned 09's.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shopping for a Chevy or GMC 1500 4x4 regular cab LT1 Z71. Is the gm employee price firm or is there room to NEG? Funny thing is I went to the dealer in town they said 14k on my trade I drove to the next town over they said 16k .
Old 09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
It's extended cab, just like what I was looking at.

I'm sorry, but I'm throwing the bull **** flag on these dealerships. Yeah, market is gone when you're trading in, but not on THEIR used trucks, which are still being priced high.

Plus, around Detroit, there is demand and not too much supply that I found for the sub $15K market. Everything I called on last month was gone before I could see it. These things are selling, and for more than $7500 trade in. I probably have it sold at $11,600 to one guy I mentioned it too, and could get more in the autotrader easily I'd bet.

This is still LOW pricing on a 4 model year old truck that stickered at $35K.

extra cab changes a ton on the value.$11,650 is average Black book(trade/auction book). the market here on any 1/2 ton trucks is bad, i don't mess with 3/4 ton and bigger often but i would think they would be a little stronger in the market because the people that buy those normally have to have a truck so the market does'nt matter to those as much, however it will still not bring clean trade at any dealer.
if your selling it in the $11's you are giving someone a very fair deal.

i am not apprasing your truck by any means, im simple giving you the numbers that the dealers are looking at, and since your in detroit your market uses the exact same book as the cincinnati market does. good luck in your purchase.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shw-n-go h20
extra cab changes a ton on the value.$11,650 is average Black book(trade/auction book). the market here on any 1/2 ton trucks is bad, i don't mess with 3/4 ton and bigger often but i would think they would be a little stronger in the market because the people that buy those normally have to have a truck so the market does'nt matter to those as much, however it will still not bring clean trade at any dealer.
if your selling it in the $11's you are giving someone a very fair deal.

i am not apprasing your truck by any means, im simple giving you the numbers that the dealers are looking at, and since your in detroit your market uses the exact same book as the cincinnati market does. good luck in your purchase.

Thanks for the info, and you're second run at it makes a lot more sense than the 8500.

I thought I got a killer deal on it (10,900 off repo lot) and I just stumbled into. There was nothing else similar anywhere near that price range, and they were usually sold when I called so there IS a market. If this guy doesn't buy it I'll try and make a little money on it on autotrader.

I'm definitely not going back to that dealership now that I think about it, I'll pay more elsewhere for a truck with more options I didn't need than deal with them after that.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zzzzzz
Shopping for a Chevy or GMC 1500 4x4 regular cab LT1 Z71. Is the gm employee price firm or is there room to NEG? Funny thing is I went to the dealer in town they said 14k on my trade I drove to the next town over they said 16k .
I work at GM and always get that price, and they don't go under it that I've ever heard of, and is probably against the guidelines.

The trade-in is where they can wiggle or screw you of course.

I know when I used to work for Ford the dealers really wanted A-plan bussiness and would give great trade-ins (in all 3 experiences I know of). The mfg must have paid them well for A-plans. Judging by my trade in experience above, GM doesn't kick them enough back to make them trade in well at all.

I (selfishly) just hope that the gm employee discount for all ends on the 30th so they(we) up the normal incentives, since I always get the discount. I have to deal with the stress and uncertainty of the job, but right now don't even get my one "perk".
Old 09-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since we have a variable wealth of knowledge here and NOT trying to create a sh-- storm what would be the better truck compared equally the F-150 or the Chev-gmc 1500?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:54 AM
S-S
Gold Member
Gold Member

better as in durability i think they are about equal from what i see hanging out at my local garage from what i see they both have there issues .but if you plan on using it to tow i think the ford would have the advantage the suspension on the f 150 might be more heavy duty than the 1500 the 5.4 motor is ok not a real power house and i am not sure what power you can get in a 1500 but the gm v 8 s have good power i do not use mine to tow anything other than a quad trailer and some pwc s i use the f350 for the boat .i guess it comes down to what you like i was looking to trade mine off on a Yukon i think we would use it more and i like the look of the Yukon / Denali and they are shorter easier to park for every day use and i kinda miss not having a gm product thats all i used to buy somewhere along the way i got side tracked i do like the big fords for towing
Old 09-24-2008, 07:20 AM

In response to the first post,I was buying 2006 F-150 with miles in the teens for 13-14k this summer,the prices are back up $2000 to $2500 right now at the sales.The new 1/2 tons Fords have $9000.00 rebate until th 30th,you might pick up some other rebates if you have any special mailers from Ford.

Quick Reply: 2006 ford extended cab trade in price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.