Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Can't believe BMW could be so tacky >

Can't believe BMW could be so tacky

Notices

Can't believe BMW could be so tacky

Old 10-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't believe BMW could be so tacky

Karen took her M coupe in for the free 12000 mile service. I asked her to be careful that they don't try to tack on a bunch of extra stuff,as maintenence is free. She asked if they could set the door locks to auto lock at speed,like her Sequoia and my Chevy truck do. They said sure,for $51.WTF.I can program my truck and her Sequoia my self,but apparently only the dealer can do a BMW.That's a safety feature,I want her doors to lock automatically, so I paid it,but I think that is a rip-off to charge for a safety feature,am I wrong?

Last edited by Magicfloat; 10-28-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Tell them nevermind...you'll get a neighborhood 12 year old to do it for you!!!!

that is kinda crappy considering what those things cost.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well let me start by saying yes that is crappy, I wonder? Was it the dealer you purchased it from???? If so that was FOR CHIT.

That being said, i used to own a 1997 328i Conv, worst car I have ever owned 6K in repairs the first 18 months the warranty ran out. Everytime I was at the dealership getting a repair they tried to get me to buy another, I just laughed and told them I won't be looking back!

I think BMW lost many customers on the cars like mine was Oil changes and such were just stupid expensive, thus why they started teh "Free maintence"

WILL
Old 10-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I imagine beemers arent just flying off the lot these days, they have to make money somehow.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered

http://www.bimmerforums.com/
everything you need will be there for free.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:25 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Robt, that is the standard 1/2 hour charge for software changes, it requires a laptop plug in to accomplish, the tech's are paid based on their time, not uncommon procedure. We've had several Beemer's, have 2 now actually, and we swear by them. Our local dealer sells about 300-330 units monthly, so that is decent inventory flip these days... their service has been great by us.. I haven't had one complaint with them in the last 4 Beemer's we've had... we bark, they JUMP
Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Don't get me wrong,I don't mind paying a tech for his time,I guess it just seemed strange that I couldn't do it myself,like all the other cars I've owned,but no big deal. I actually don't really like the little car,too small for me,but Karen loves it,and that's good enough for me. And thanks for the link,Metal,Karen is on Bimmerfest a lot,I guess a similar site,that's where she found out it was a dealer only adjustment.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered

She has an M coupe and doesn't have auto-locking? Heck I thought all vehicles did for years. My truck is 9 years old and has it.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered

Hey Robert,

Look at it his way ... the Rosetta Stone German would cost you more $50!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Don't get me wrong,I don't mind paying a tech for his time,I guess it just seemed strange that I couldn't do it myself,like all the other cars I've owned,but no big deal. I actually don't really like the little car,too small for me,but Karen loves it,and that's good enough for me. And thanks for the link,Metal,Karen is on Bimmerfest a lot,I guess a similar site,that's where she found out it was a dealer only adjustment.
A buddy of mine just repaired a 7 series in his body shop. IMO these cars are over engineered.

Quick Reply: Can't believe BMW could be so tacky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.