Notices

2WD towing????

Old 11-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used 4wd once when I was towing a 6k utility trailer with my 1500 ram in city driving. It was raining pretty hard and everytime i would stop and go, the rears spun quite easily so i turned on 4wd and the prob was never to be seen again.

But highway towing and wet roads shoudlnt be a problem. 4wd will probably increase some resale value
Old 11-19-2008, 06:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Awesome looking rig- but it looks like he bought it to "show" instead of to tow.

I cant believe they/he didnt check the 4x4 or posi box on the order sheet.

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor 710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Look at the front axle it looks to be a 4X4 to me. I think he didn't have it engaged when he first started.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wananewboat
Look at the front axle it looks to be a 4X4 to me. I think he didn't have it engaged when he first started.
It is 4WD...I was just busting JBS's ballz...Plus it has a winch just in case! That rig is awesome and I'm sure it tows the 50' Mystic just fine! If you haven't seen it up close and personal, you should attend a race and check it out! The tonneau cover lifts hydraulically to reveal 3 LARGE SCREEN LCD TVs and speakers with the whole strobe light show and bass pounding and....well either way it's pretty impressive!

Dave
Old 11-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sounds epic

Originally Posted by axapowell
It is 4WD...I was just busting JBS's ballz...Plus it has a winch just in case! That rig is awesome and I'm sure it tows the 50' Mystic just fine! If you haven't seen it up close and personal, you should attend a race and check it out! The tonneau cover lifts hydraulically to reveal 3 LARGE SCREEN LCD TVs and speakers with the whole strobe light show and bass pounding and....well either way it's pretty impressive!

Dave
The ride sounds nothing short of epic to me.

I cant really see the front end in that video, but it makes a lot more sense to me that it is 4WD. I just couldnt fathom dropping that kind of coin and not going all out.

I have forgotten to lock the wheels before myself and really dont need to about 90% of the time anyway

To make my rig lock up I usually have to straighten the whole setup- roll forward to let the differential locks engage then Ill roll backward-

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor 710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Old 11-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell

Dave
Here's a video of the truck at a parade near us. It's pretty nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u60Po83QF3c

What happened to the youtube option? Couldn't get it to work right.

Last edited by scarab kv; 11-19-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Registered

Someone stated that it is cheaper to own a 2wd over a 4wd, insurance wise. That is dependent upon the state. The insurance company that I had in Utah gave a discount to 4x4 vehicles, called it a saftey feature.

Grow up in the farming world, you know what a 2wd truck is? Worthless

I have used launch ramps from the west coast to the east coast, always use 4wd. I couldn't even imagine trying to get my boat out of the water without it. Wait, did use 2wd once, when a u-joint broke and had a 4wd hooked to the front
Old 11-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the great info.... Lot's of good points on both sides of the coin. I still gotta get rid of mine but but have been looking a little. I'll post what I get as soon as I find it. I'm just gonna consider both and see what comes up for what deal.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Registered

Default New Tow Vehicle

Okay I decided since this has a 396 already and I already upgraded brakes I'll just use this is the spring.....
Attached Thumbnails 2WD towing????-noname.jpg  
Old 11-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 007joe
Okay I decided since this has a 396 already and I already upgraded brakes I'll just use this is the spring.....
Got air shocks?

Quick Reply: 2WD towing????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.