Notices

Looking for a Lincoln Mark VIII

Old 02-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Lincoln Mark VIII

If any of the onboard car dealers or members run across a sweet 95-98 Mark VIII with low miles I might be a candidate. I'm not in any big hurry but have cash when the right car presents itself. I'm in Ga and would probably travel up to 500 miles for the right car!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 897 Likes on 486 Posts

There was a story in the local paper about a golf caddy (on the PGA tour level) that got a 10 year drug sentence/ went to jail/ got out and won a major tournament with a PGA player. When asked what he was going to do first, he responded he was buying a 98 Mark VIII. He always wanted one and he bought it along with a townhouse in the area with his first big league check (200K++) after getting out of jail.

What makes those Lincolns so great?
Old 02-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

Great cars. I did know of one at a lot in MD owned by an OSO member, but I just checked and its gone.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered

Joe Spina has a 1998 black one with 40,000 original miles with a sunroof sitting in his garage. It's in excellent shape and he might be willing to part with it. Call his cell at 941-650-7112 if you're interested.

Miller
Old 02-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
There was a story in the local paper about a golf caddy (on the PGA tour level) that got a 10 year drug sentence/ went to jail/ got out and won a major tournament with a PGA player. When asked what he was going to do first, he responded he was buying a 98 Mark VIII. He always wanted one and he bought it along with a townhouse in the area with his first big league check (200K++) after getting out of jail.

What makes those Lincolns so great?
They are IMHO an excellent compromise! They haul ass if ya want,handling flirting with a Vette,very efficient(when I tried a 65MPH hwy trip @65 got 32+)...and cruise like a dream. Have an H of a trunk if ya need ta haul a bunch(which I do). Very Hi-Tech for an American car at the time. I'm very Pro-American. I owned a 96 and put 50K on it and sold it when I divorced....had ta have somen ta pull the boat and the you know what got the duelley ta pull her horse trailer. Ya outta take one out for a spin...but then ya might become competition! They are so cheap for what they are....but they are becoming outdated with issues...LSC's...headlamps.....air suspension...many are converting to springs(which IMO kills them). The air suspension is speed sensitive and lowers the front end at a certain speed....on and on!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachanga
They are IMHO an excellent compromise! They haul ass if ya want,handling flirting with a Vette,very efficient(when I tried a 65MPH hwy trip @65 got 32+)...and cruise like a dream. Have an H of a trunk if ya need ta haul a bunch(which I do). Very Hi-Tech for an American car at the time. I'm very Pro-American. I owned a 96 and put 50K on it and sold it when I divorced....had ta have somen ta pull the boat and the you know what got the duelley ta pull her horse trailer. Ya outta take one out for a spin...but then ya might become competition! They are so cheap for what they are....but they are becoming outdated with issues...LSC's...headlamps.....air suspension...many are converting to springs(which IMO kills them). The air suspension is speed sensitive and lowers the front end at a certain speed....on and on!
I think Joe's fits what you're looking for. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Miller
I think Joe's fits what you're looking for. Good luck.
I'm on the lamb about a black car(I like the pearl white). I did try his cell....but not one for leaving messages. I'll try him tommorow. Where does he live?
Old 02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Registered

I'm on the lamb about a black car(I like the pearl white). I did try his cell....but not one for leaving messages. I'll try him tommorow. Where does he live?
Sarasota, FL
Old 02-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 897 Likes on 486 Posts

I'm on the lamb about a black car?
"On the lamb" means running from the cops

"Out on a limb" means going probably an extra step too much

"On the fence" means you are not sure which way to go

I think you meant the 3rd one.........
Old 02-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
"On the lamb" means running from the cops

"Out on a limb" means going probably an extra step too much

"On the fence" means you are not sure which way to go

I think you meant the 3rd one.........
LOL! Yeap...I thought about that after I posted it but was too lazy to change it.

Quick Reply: Looking for a Lincoln Mark VIII

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.