Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Who should I use for shipping wheels? >

Who should I use for shipping wheels?

Notices

Who should I use for shipping wheels?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just shipped tires/wheels to Mackattack in La. from Fl through FedEx freight and if I'm not mistaken the shipping cost was totally stupid. They were palleted banded and wrapped and when they arrived to him they were rolling around loose in the delivery truck.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick02
I just shipped tires/wheels to Mackattack in La. from Fl through FedEx freight and if I'm not mistaken the shipping cost was totally stupid. They were palleted banded and wrapped and when they arrived to him they were rolling around loose in the delivery truck.

The freight side is higher,

Most of the wheel I get they usally tape 2 together,but if one gets detached/stolen its still considered 1 peice, ya shet out of luck.I havent had a prob yet.Fedx ground has been the cheapest.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replies. None of u mentioned the USPS. Good 'ol post office was cheaper than all the others. Had to keep it under 70 pounds tho. I did the cardboard cut out and sent in pairs.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carrboy
Thanks for the replies. None of u mentioned the USPS. Good 'ol post office was cheaper than all the others. Had to keep it under 70 pounds tho. I did the cardboard cut out and sent in pairs.
both fedx and ups insurance is a joke, they will claim you didn't box it up enough,want pay,also if its lost Ive heard they wait months to see if it will show up.

post office had been more exp when I cked,

ya insure it?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Z06
Registered

Originally Posted by carrboy
Sorry, I didn't mention USPS because our local processing center will deliver every other month need it or not.

Last edited by Z06; 02-04-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
The freight side is higher,

Most of the wheel I get they usally tape 2 together,but if one gets detached/stolen its still considered 1 peice, ya shet out of luck.I havent had a prob yet.Fedx ground has been the cheapest.

We palletized these on 2 pallets but they were heavy, 6 Brentz wheels and 6 265/70r19.5 Michelin 14 ply tires already mounted and balanced(app 900 lbs total) that came off of my 06 F350 dually when I traded trucks a couple of months ago, and when I called Fed Ex Freight they quoted me damn near 800.00 to ship the stuff from Orlando to Layfette La. He got a deal on shipping through one of his suppliers and I can bet it still wasn't cheap to ship.