Notices

Ford v.s. Chevy 3/4 ton

Old 02-25-2009, 07:08 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawinil
I'm a full time farmer and part time boater...I've had both. If you want a truck to work hard during the week and look good pulling the boat on the weekends...Ford. If you just want to cruise the local mall...chevy.

Just got back from a 1010 mile round trip bringing a boat home. 17.6 MPG empty...13.4 MPG pulling about 8000lbs 70 loaded 80 empty. I like my 6.4 and the tranny behind it. Keeps me from knowing the mechanics and service manager on a first name business like it used to be with chevy.
17.6?, what tuner are you running? thats exellent. My 05' duramax has been at the dealership for 3 weeks now getting snowballed, not happy, starting to see the light.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Registered

I say go GM....but I'm very partial.

Also, do a quick search on pickuptruck.com they did a good comparison between them all recently....spoiler, GM won by a good margin.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GrandTimes
17.6?, what tuner are you running? thats exellent. My 05' duramax has been at the dealership for 3 weeks now getting snowballed, not happy, starting to see the light.
the dpf
Old 02-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrandTimes
are you ford guys hibernating? really wanted more info on the new 6.4's
I have mixed emotions on the both.. I have a 99 F350 Dually 4 door.. I love the ride.. 7.3 Perfect.. 188k... Trucks in perfect condition.. I taked it to the dealer for service.. I tell the guys I will be looking around the lot while they are doing what ever to it.. They ALL tell me DON'T BUY THE NEW 6.0 AND 6.4.. That is Fords own mechanics.. They ALL say.. repower this with a new 7.3... I have a buddy that is on his 2nd motor in a new F450.. The whole chasis comes off to do it.. Now his Trans is acting up..

I got buddies that have GM's they say there are all great but LITTLE leaks all the time.. Trans lines, Coolers, Radiator problems..

Stupid stuff but consistent with other GM owners...

So... I guess it is a heads or Tails!?!?!?!!?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw
You might of well said what is better Cigs of Fountains
$hit that's a no-brainer - Cigs and Chevrolet's, unless your dad was a hillbilly that smoked Camels, then you're excused. Next question
Old 02-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey I Drive A Yukon, But Tow My Cigarette With A Ford !!!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 203 Likes on 131 Posts

I say Ford, I am not too sold on the independant front end on a heavy duty truck with torsion bars, weak front components on a Chevy, they have tiny tie rods compared to a Ford, I think a heavy duty truck should be that, not a plush truck.

As far as warranty? will it be valid if/when GM goes down?

Another thing that bugs me with Chevy/GMC the wheels and tires look way too small and sunk in for that new body...

I love my F-250....280,000 and going strong!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I say Ford, I am not too sold on the independant front end on a heavy duty truck with torsion bars, weak front components on a Chevy, they have tiny tie rods compared to a Ford, I think a heavy duty truck should be that, not a plush truck.

As far as warranty? will it be valid if/when GM goes down?

Another thing that bugs me with Chevy/GMC the wheels and tires look way too small and sunk in for that new body...

I love my F-250....280,000 and going strong!

that's been my biggest complaint on the GM vehicles...The tires and wheels are alway the smallest in the industry..you have to invest more money on a larger set to fill the wheel wells just to make the truck look decent..then recalabrate the speedo...the last 4 trucks Ive just left them stock...too much of the PITA especially with adding perf. enhancements as well. Jeff
Old 02-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Registered

O.K. let me see if I have this right, Ford-- we have bad motors,bad transmissions,terrible gas mileage and electrical problems. Chevy--- we have a couple of Leakey hoses and the tires seem too small for the wheel well. Boys I don't know where you went to high school but this seems like the classic no brainer.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 203 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by wildhorses
O.K. let me see if I have this right, Ford-- we have bad motors,bad transmissions,terrible gas mileage and electrical problems. Chevy--- we have a couple of Leakey hoses and the tires seem too small for the wheel well. Boys I don't know where you went to high school but this seems like the classic no brainer.
I willa dmit that Chevy may have a better engine trans combo, I never had one but that is what I read, however when looking at the Chevy I was not nearly impressed with body, interior and suspension, I know a ton of guys that have Super Dutys and all LOVE them, I do see ALOT more Super Dutys then 2500-3500 Chevys on a daily basis....

Quick Reply: Ford v.s. Chevy 3/4 ton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.