Notices

Cummins 6.7?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:38 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cummins 6.7?

Seems like the duramax and powerstrokes are the engines powering the trucks of choice here. Almost zero, zip, nada, talk of dodge. Anybody got a 6.7 cummins? Issues with the the truck or motor? Anybody running a DPF delete on it? We know the 5.9 is the standard by witch all others are judged.............

Last edited by tblrklakemo; 04-17-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 6.7 and two 5.9 dodge duallies. Zero problems. The Cummins engine is a commercial grade unit. If you get it with the cab chassis then you get the Aisin 6 speed trans. Also commercial grade.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:33 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
I have a 6.7 and two 5.9 dodge duallies. Zero problems. The Cummins engine is a commercial grade unit. If you get it with the cab chassis then you get the Aisin 6 speed trans. Also commercial grade.
Yeah, but you also get a detuned motor with the cab/chassis.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Registered

I have talked to a couple people running the DPF delete and programmer. They like it alot..MPG gains and of course HP gains...alot of 6.7 folks use these guys.

www.hs-performance.com
Old 04-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Registered

My buddy has a cab & chassis 6.7 which he has a DPF delete. He tows 3-4 days a week without any problems. Good combo!
Old 04-19-2009, 01:07 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Curious, Does the DPF kit change the cal in the ecm to accept running with no Thermisoters?

*Dodge Makes Um, Cummins Shakes Um*
Old 04-19-2009, 08:12 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Curious, Does the DPF kit change the cal in the ecm to accept running with no Thermisoters?

*Dodge Makes Um, Cummins Shakes Um*

I think it just lets the engine accept the fact that there isnt any increase in backpressure from a full DPF and no need to force a regen.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got an 08 Laramie 3500. Love the truck but it was in the shop 3 days last week for codes related to sooted up turbo and other issues related to the emissions crap. Truck is at 11,000 miles and I am a bit miffed about the issue.

I was planning to keep the truck stock through warranty period, but I can't afford down time and if I have any more issues the emissions garbage is going to start falling off.

I Drive at least 100 miles a day and run the exhaust brake all the time per the dealer recomendation. Never had any canister full issues just this Turbo BS last week.

I do like the truck and the exhaust brake in tow haul mode is awesome when towing. The 6 speed auto is 100 times better than the old 4 spd auto I had in my 05 cummins.

The true test will be next week when I am pulling the Apache around because that is by far the heaviest load that I pull. I did yank the factory crap reciever and put a titan 18k lb reciever on it. On paper the dodge has much friendier tow ratiings than the others as well.

Check out www.cumminsforum.com for more of the good, bad, and the ugly..
Old 04-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
I think it just lets the engine accept the fact that there isnt any increase in backpressure from a full DPF and no need to force a regen.
That sounds about right, Plus they must alter the cal for the VGT & EGR since there is allot less BP
Old 04-19-2009, 10:51 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by baywatch
I've got an 08 Laramie 3500. Love the truck but it was in the shop 3 days last week for codes related to sooted up turbo and other issues related to the emissions crap. Truck is at 11,000 miles and I am a bit miffed about the issue.

I was planning to keep the truck stock through warranty period, but I can't afford down time and if I have any more issues the emissions garbage is going to start falling off.

I Drive at least 100 miles a day and run the exhaust brake all the time per the dealer recomendation. Never had any canister full issues just this Turbo BS last week.

I do like the truck and the exhaust brake in tow haul mode is awesome when towing. The 6 speed auto is 100 times better than the old 4 spd auto I had in my 05 cummins.

The true test will be next week when I am pulling the Apache around because that is by far the heaviest load that I pull. I did yank the factory crap reciever and put a titan 18k lb reciever on it. On paper the dodge has much friendier tow ratiings than the others as well.

Check out www.cumminsforum.com for more of the good, bad, and the ugly..

yup....i would drive it home off the lot, and then disable the EGR and DPF, stright pipe it, and cap the EGR unit. Bottom line is the DPF and EGR are not good for the motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.