Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
towing boats to and from the north east >

towing boats to and from the north east

Notices

towing boats to and from the north east

Old 04-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default towing boats to and from the north east

I have been in the towing business for 10 plus years, i am now branching out to help out fellow boaters as i am a die hard performance boater myself to tow boats up to 38 foot from or to the north east area. $1.50 per loaded mile meaning you only get charged for the miles your rig is being towed. im well insured and have f350 crew cab diesel truck. when your rig is with me it will get the utt most attention as i do with my own.

my email [email protected]
Old 04-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Registered

Welcome to the club of self-employed haulers. Good luck it's a tough business right now.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gofastkyle
Welcome to the club of self-employed haulers. Good luck it's a tough business right now.
I do it because im good at it and enjoy it and it is a part of what i do in the towing business. not somthing i need as a income source but it takes up some time.

thanks
Old 04-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Registered

Im out of Grand Rapids, Mi area and probably about to branch out on my own from the RV towing biz. I too love boats and have been around them my whole life. Been driving semis for 5 years and am getting fed up with overbearing DOT regs and trucking companies F'ing quality drivers to keep a buck in their pocket.

I realize I lowballed everyone with my price earlier, and i apologize, didnt mean to, just wanted to pay for fuel for backhauls. So my prices will be about the same as everyone elses once Im on my own. While you run mostly east I run everywhere.

Maybe all the haulers can post on this thread and instead of sending very unprofessional emails telling each other to F off(like the one i got), Id much rather get along. We do this because we love what we do, that alone makes it easier to provide folks with good service..after all..theres more then two boats to be moved in the US.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:57 AM
Registered

6 months ago I probably would of sent you the same email, but it's a buyers market right now. It doesn't matter if it's buying a house, a car, or having a boat hauled. People are definately looking for a good deal. Of course we all want to make money, but the simple fact is the customer see's that fuel is 1/2 the cost it was last year and thinks the haul should be 1/2 as much. I have had to drop my pricing to get some hauls lately, but I would rather make a little less than make nothing at all.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rssteiny
$1.50 per loaded mile meaning you only get charged for the miles your rig is being towed.
WOW! That is cheap. I was going to take my 6500lbs 36' boat (overall including outboards) from MD to KW last year and think it was $4/mi
Old 04-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

someone i read was at 1$/mile, now that is a deal, ill be using him
Old 04-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by marylandmark
WOW! That is cheap. I was going to take my 6500lbs 36' boat (overall including outboards) from MD to KW last year and think it was $4/mi
yes the only way I can afford to do the Key West run is haul mine myself

My truck get about 11 to the gallob hauling it and I have friend along the way I stay at
Old 04-21-2009, 07:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
someone i read was at 1$/mile, now that is a deal, ill be using him

Lowest price is not always the best option , just be carefull
Old 04-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Registered

I agree. You usually get what you pay for!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.