Notices

Vegas To Buffalo (made it)

Old 05-16-2009, 10:42 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen JACKAZZ! You claim to have a rolodex of powerful friends yet you come on here asking for opinions, then when you don't hear what you like your an ignorant, insulting, illwilled AZZ. Nobody cares how your trip went really. When you return and insult the people who responded to your thread with their opinions trying to help. All you are is lucky, that's all. Not smart, not skilled, not honest, just lucky. Had you had been pulled over NO you would not have been able to continue with a wide load until you met that states requirements, especially for night time travel. Just lucky. Maybe not impounded but absolutely parked on the side until your legal to move on. No I don't pay sticker prices but I also don't break the law and then strut around like a cat that just ate the mouse. Azzholes like you are the ones that make honest people look bad. Now that you made it back I wish you luck dispite your personality. Sometimes doing things the right way may cost you but how was looking over your shoulder for 2000 miles. OH thats right your a privilaged person with nation wide friends who can beat the system and brags about being a cheating scumbag and risking others in your quest to save a few dollars in the sceam of things. What did you save anyway a tank of fuel in the boat. You might even have lost that class A licence your so proud of. You should know better, You may be a good driver, not the best because your a poor example of a person and I hope your not a father. This wasn't a car deal to bargin on. Laws are laws for a reason.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Ghost,

I have to tell you, I've owned more trucks (350 by the time I was 21 and they weren't family owned) than almost anyone on this board and know the laws well. But with my own boats I've done exactly what you did and skirt all the scales, permits and everything because I know with a nice boat you can get around almost anything and getting the permitts slows me down and all the other hassles and I just want to get where I'm going.

The few times over the years I did get stopped I never got a ticket - maybe held up for 30 minutes showing the Trooper the boat though (LOL).

Ok, I got a couple for speeding well over 80 with the trailer on back in old 55mph days but I deserved those.

Now I can defend your trip but to insult people like your doing is just wrong. Some people are more cautious than others, doesn't make them wrong and worthy of insults. Some think I do rash things as well and when they question me I try to listen and hear their objections, whether I take their advice is up to me.

You made it be happy and next time be smart enough like I am to always travel with 2 spare tires even if they aren't mounted - pretty hard to find little tires when your on the BIG road!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Registered

In Ontario with a class G licence we can tow up to 4600kg .
And a max combined of 11,000kg. A class A is is required for more . I learned this the hard way .
What are the limits in the US ?
Old 05-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice post Ghost, sober yet? You're correct about one thing, they usually don't impound the rig for a week. They just put you out of service until you correct everything. Glad to hear you made the trip safely, hope you feel better this morning.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Ghost, are you going to enter it is the fun run on June 13th?
Old 05-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Registered

Listen we all bend the rules one time or another. So unless you are god and perfect lay off , and for those long haul driving how are those log books. They are always right .HA HA HA. So ghost nice job.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lay off boys, if you don't have anything decent to say don't say anything at all. all you self proclaimed perfectionists need to go to another site, i haven't registered my trailer in three years and not going to this year either. if you keyboard tuffies want to come on here and bash me too, well, bring it on. i couldn't give a sh*t. nobody is perfect, let it be.. this guy was prob. looking for some supporting comments, thats all. nobody wants to hear anyone elses criticism.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:10 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

It's not about being perfect, it's about the way this jackazz comes across. Because not everyone is not so impressed with his bragging about what he just got away with he gets rude and insulting. Calling names like he's such a rebel. He should have been caught and sat by the side of the road for about a week straightening out the paperwork. Yes we all bend things from time to time but when we do we should also be aware that when we do there could be a price to pay. He struts around like some bad azz then insults other members when their opinion differs from his. And those of you who defend his rude and ignorant comments are no better. Good for him, he saved a few buck. Had he hit someone along the way and his insurance denied the claim he'd have some second thoughts about it. Or even a highway stop would have made him think. Still gives him no right to act the AZZ!
Old 05-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

Ghost,

Congratulations on the purchase!

Sorry to see you getting so beat up when it appears you tried to do the right thing for the most part. Glad you made it safely and don't let this take away from the excitement of the purchase.!

Keith
Old 05-18-2009, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
It's not about being perfect, it's about the way this jackazz comes across. Because not everyone is not so impressed with his bragging about what he just got away with he gets rude and insulting. Calling names like he's such a rebel. He should have been caught and sat by the side of the road for about a week straightening out the paperwork. Yes we all bend things from time to time but when we do we should also be aware that when we do there could be a price to pay. He struts around like some bad azz then insults other members when their opinion differs from his. And those of you who defend his rude and ignorant comments are no better. Good for him, he saved a few buck. Had he hit someone along the way and his insurance denied the claim he'd have some second thoughts about it. Or even a highway stop would have made him think. Still gives him no right to act the AZZ!
I don't kow what the big deal is here, there was nothing unsafe about his trip, he is a very talented driver. permits or no permits is debatable. He had the trailer completely reworked before he left, and had proper badging (flag & signs) some would have just went and hoped for the best. If I had a road trip like him and came on here to share my expirence and people were firing at me calling me unsafe I'd pipe up and fire right back too...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.