Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
What Do I Do With This 2008 F450? >

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Notices

What Do I Do With This 2008 F450?

Old 06-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Stepper
Ditto... Buy a dodge although with the current state that they and GM are in you may want to buy a new one after they come out of the bankruptcy deal as rumor has it the older ones may not be covered.
They're covered. The judge approved that motion on day 1.

This is a terrible story, and it feels like you have just ran into one a-hole after another in dealing with this.

Have you tried other dealerships, hoping for someone who values a customer who drops that much coin?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rlj676
They're covered. The judge approved that motion on day 1.

This is a terrible story, and it feels like you have just ran into one a-hole after another in dealing with this.

Have you tried other dealerships, hoping for someone who values a customer who drops that much coin?
I'm not really mad at the dealer, although I did ask if the owner would put in a call to someone with a real position at Ford and they wouldn't. Ford built the truck and Ford is the one responsible for making sure the truck performs as promised in their ads and literature.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chuck
I'm not really mad at the dealer, although I did ask if the owner would put in a call to someone with a real position at Ford and they wouldn't. Ford built the truck and Ford is the one responsible for making sure the truck performs as promised in their ads and literature.
Correct, but a really good dealer should help get you in touch with the right folks, rather than watch you get ran around (and ran off!).
Old 06-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are doing any poker runs near south jersey we could hook your boat up to my 3500 dually and see how it tows compared to your Ford.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
Here's my suggestion. After you do a Lemon Law on the Ford. Look for a good low milege Dodge with the Cummins or buy a Sterling while they still make them. The Sterling is a 4500 or 5500 series Ram with the Cummins and heavy duty setup. This is my 03 Ram 3500 pulling a Formula 357 SR1.
THIS^^^^^.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
Here's my suggestion. After you do a Lemon Law on the Ford. Look for a good low milege Dodge with the Cummins or buy a Sterling while they still make them. The Sterling is a 4500 or 5500 series Ram with the Cummins and heavy duty setup. This is my 03 Ram 3500 pulling a Formula 357 SR1.
RWI wasup bro long time no see! How much does the boat and trailer weigh? I'm surprised you're not towing with a dually.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rssteiny
Dodge Or Chevy Will Be A Big Disappointment After Pulling With The Ford Not To Mention The Ford Is All Around Better Truck. Not All Fords Are Having These Problems So Hopefully You Will Get A New One From The Lemon Law. Thats My 02 As Ive Been Around Them All And The Ford Rules.

Good Luck Chuck
I used to haul LTL freight. All three of the brokers I worked for would give freight to Dodge owners only. The reason they gave is they wanted their drivers on the road not in the shop or broke down on the side of the road with freight.

Last edited by Catmando; 06-23-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Chuck,

I just saw this thread. I am so sorry you are having these problems! Something has to be going on with this truck and it should be "fixable." I would be glad to trade with you. I don't have any in stock right now but could find one for you. The trucks are normally great. I think your dealer could go to bat for you. If you send me your v.i.n. I will pull a warranty history and contact our rep for you. I am not sure how or if we can do anything since we have never seen it????? Our reps are pretty good about taking care of our customers the best they can but since you aren't "our" customer, I don't know? My email is: [email protected] or cell is: 910-787-4101
Old 06-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You will get no place with Ford. You will have to drive it through based on state law. The dealers just know that Ford is resisting any changes. My less then one year old car they refused to fix some body parts that had peeling paint. It would have cost them 150 bucks to fix it and they could have had a happy customer, instead they have some one that payed almost 40K for a car that will not likely buy another. Saab bought back a car from me and I never even asked them to do so. They did not charge me milage or anything. Just swapped out the car with a brand new one model year newer car! That is customer service.

You may be better off looking for an older 7.3 liter that has low miles and is in good shape. I know that tell these guys get their acts in gear that is what I will be doing. If it has a tranny issue just send it off to Brians Truck Stop and then you can chip it and have a blast with the thing.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
I used to haul LTL freight. All three of the brokers I worked for would give freight to Dodge owners only. The reason they gave is they wanted their drivers on the road not in the shop or broke down on the side of the road with freight.
Yea ok thats why 80% of big boats are pulled with a ford. all vehicles have there lemons and i mean all ive been in this business for 22 years and ive seen it all, the problem chuck is having should not be happening and the right dealer wouls and should take care of the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.