Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Ideal Garage size, cost/benefit for certain sizes. >

Ideal Garage size, cost/benefit for certain sizes.

Notices

Ideal Garage size, cost/benefit for certain sizes.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another kick in the nutz from Chuck. NICE. However, in my defense.............. living in their summer home while there weren't there doesn't constitute "living at home". I was 29 3/4 when I moved out.......... not mid 30's : ).
Old 07-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I added a foot of width and 11 feet of depth and a foot of height to a "standard" 3 bay garage and an cathedral ceiling apt upstairs which is huge. So much better. Plenty of space to get in and out due to the extra foot of width. Apt has own entrance as well to avoid garage if needed.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:40 PM
DM
Registered
VIP Member

Mine is 40x60 works well for me. Both for the boat and for 4 cars. Also has a nice size bathroom. Dan
Attached Thumbnails Ideal Garage size, cost/benefit for certain sizes.-fleet.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

when you made up your mind on how big you want it......add 6 feet!!! lol i stopped cause i though i would NEVER be out of room man was i wrong!!!
Attached Thumbnails Ideal Garage size, cost/benefit for certain sizes.-img_3732.jpg   Ideal Garage size, cost/benefit for certain sizes.-img_3734.jpg   Ideal Garage size, cost/benefit for certain sizes.-img_3736.jpg  

Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 30outlaw
when you made up your mind on how big you want it......add 6 feet!!! lol i stopped cause i though i would NEVER be out of room man was i wrong!!!
I agree. The garage in my house is 35 x 40 and I thought that I had plenty of room at first, but we have quickly filled it up with toys. Select the size you want and then add to it.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Registered

I went 40x60 with 15' door, its almost too small when everything is in it. I like the extra head room so I dont have to worry when raising things also I can back the boat in, leave it hooked up and still close the door.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Registered

I did a 30' x 60' garage addition. can drive through in the 60' direction. needs to be longer to leave the truck hooked up to my 38' TG. Go as big as you can. Size does matter