Notices

Driftwood Trailers

Old 08-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driftwood Trailers

I own a 32' Fountain Fever and felt it was time to upgrade my trailer. After researching several options, I elected to go with Driftwood Trailers in Kemah, Texas. I have to post the great experience I had with these guys. David Weiss is the guy to talk to! I told David what I wanted and exactly how I wanted specific details....tires, wheels, axels, spare location, diamond plating, etc. Based on past experiences, I was skeptic that it would be done as I wanted.....man, was I wrong!! These guys know what they are doing and the trailer is far beyond what I had hoped for. The quality of the materials, the design work, the quality of the welds, etc. etc. were all outstanding and perfect. Best of all...the value was exceptional! If you are thinking about a custom trailer, you have to give these guys a chance to bid on your trailer package! I am in no way related to these guys. I am just a very happy customer!
M Thurman San Antonio, Texas
Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Del Mar aluminum salt water boat trailer that I purchased brand new in Jan 2007. I custom ordered it the way I wanted it to be equipped.

Today, I noticed 5 very critical welds are broken on 5 of the 6 cross-members. This sux and I thought perhaps I’d share it with you so you don’t make the same mistake I did. If you own or are looking to buy any of the brands listed below, you better be careful. This company has folded, changed its name, and come back as 3 different names.

They are in the following order that I’m aware of:

1. Tech-Sun
2. Del Mar
3. Driftwood

I have a good bit of money tied up in this trailer considering its size and I am absolutely pizzed about the lack of quality regarding the aluminum welds.

I have never posted any negative comments about someone’s business but this trailer has totally failed. I’ve not wrecked it. It’s never had any other boat on it other than what it was made for. Never loaned, abused, overloaded etc..