Notices

Tandem dual pics

Old 09-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tandem dual pics

Lets see pics of your trailers with tandem axles dual wheels. Thinking of building one because I am tired of all of the wear from triple axles.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wideawake
Go to my web site: www.sheerperformancemarine.com 53 foot Myco 1997 has 1.6 million miles on it. Call me if you have questions Bobby Sheer 954-646-6070
You must haul some bigazz boats with that trailer.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

I have always liked the Tandem Dually trailers also.

However I have heard you can't dunk them in the water?

And due to the design the boat sits higher which also creates more of a problem putting the boat deep enough at the launch?

I would like to see pictures also

Thanks
Jon
Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dexter Axle may have some information, wheel seals, suspension, brakes, bearings and etc.

We used oil bath seals and packed grease.

The other design consideration may include gooseneck vs. bumper pull. The gooseneck allows for locating axles farther to the rear. Rear mounted location sets the trailer deeper in the water than a bumper pull w/same deck height.

The gooseneck frame area combined with setting the suspension aft will typically create a loaded ball weight of 3,500# +/-. That tongue weight vs. 750# for a bumper pull offers new tow vehicle options. A two wheel drive one ton should handle the gooseneck and a four wheel drive is required for the bumper pull. The safety factor, ride, handling, traction and loading are reasons to consider when comparing gooseneck vs. bumper pull. The down side is price.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

I ordered a Dually trailer from Manning,should be here in a couple of weeks.
I 'll post some pics when it get here.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Sacred Ground

They are just down the road, Ron is a great guy!

Jon
Old 09-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Sacred Ground
I can't wait to see pics of that....
Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered

I have my 47 Fountain on a Myco tandem dually with 19.5 Alcoas and Goodyear Commercial tires. I don't have pictures but it is a great trailer. It tows beautifully. They are solid axles so it does sit higher. It hasn't been a problem at the launches but it is a high rig (about 13 ft.). I have oil bath Dexters and as long as the seals are well maintained wet launches are fine. I have had to drain the axles a few times when I dunked it with failing seals. As long a you drain the water out within a few days, it's fine. If it sits longer it could be a big problem
Old 09-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Registered

Might what to check Performance Trailers he's been making a lot of tendem duals for Hustler. Theres a picture of one on his site. You can't beat his price and workman ship. http://pcbtrailers.com/index.htm
Old 09-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fountain 47 sc
I have my 47 Fountain on a Myco tandem dually with 19.5 Alcoas and Goodyear Commercial tires. I don't have pictures but it is a great trailer. It tows beautifully. They are solid axles so it does sit higher. It hasn't been a problem at the launches but it is a high rig (about 13 ft.). I have oil bath Dexters and as long as the seals are well maintained wet launches are fine. I have had to drain the axles a few times when I dunked it with failing seals. As long a you drain the water out within a few days, it's fine. If it sits longer it could be a big problem
Gooseneck?

13ft wow what's the bridge height you must be right at it. You would have to drop down to 17" wheels with a cat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.