Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
trailer disconnect breaks lock up >

trailer disconnect breaks lock up

Notices

trailer disconnect breaks lock up

Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default trailer disconnect breaks lock up

I have a 2006 myco hooked up to 2008 f 350 everything works good until this weekend when the truck displays trailer disconnect and the trail motor will run when brake applied but will not turn off thus locking the wheels up. Hook myco up to dodge truck everything works great. hook truck up to a manning trailer everything works great. seams like my truck and trailer are not talking to each other. any ideas?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bill63
I have a 2006 myco hooked up to 2008 f 350 everything works good until this weekend when the truck displays trailer disconnect and the trail motor will run when brake applied but will not turn off thus locking the wheels up. Hook myco up to dodge truck everything works great. hook truck up to a manning trailer everything works great. seams like my truck and trailer are not talking to each other. any ideas?
I have seen that on fords when there is a bad ground. Other than that, I would say call Myco and see what they say.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We also had this problem on a mid 90's Ford PSD, I think it was ground related as Jeff stated.

Other trucks pulled the trailer fine, just wouldn't play nice with the Ford.

(shoulda got a Cummins)
Old 10-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Registered

I pulled a Myco with an 08 F350. I had some grounding issues once and saw those mgs displayed. Just cleaned all the connectors and bent the pins in slightly so they would have good contact. Issue solved.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

05 f250 here and same problem
Old 10-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Called MYCO they are sending me a brake adaptor for the brakerite system just seems wierd that it worked ok without adaptor now it needs one .
Old 10-19-2009, 04:04 PM
DM
Registered
VIP Member

Seems weird; but, my friend with a Ford and a Myco just had issues. When I towed it with my Dodge it was fine??? On his anyway it was something to do with his Ford factory brake controller. Dealer told him the controller works good on trailers that don't get submerged,(Horse, RV etc.), but they've had problems with boat trailers for some reason. For what it's worth he installed a Redline aftermarket brake controller and it's working???
Old 10-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 2006 F-250 and a Myco trailer with surge brakes. Same problem, I towed it for servral years no problem. Last year it started, removed all grounds this year, cleaned all wire lugs, redrilled ground hole in trailer, greased each ground and reinstalled. Worked fine a couple times then the message came on again. Opened connected on bumper and trailer, cleaned it even tho it appears clean. Message keeps coming on in dash, what else can I do????
Old 10-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Harvey
I have a 2006 F-250 and a Myco trailer with surge brakes. Same problem, I towed it for servral years no problem. Last year it started, removed all grounds this year, cleaned all wire lugs, redrilled ground hole in trailer, greased each ground and reinstalled. Worked fine a couple times then the message came on again. Opened connected on bumper and trailer, cleaned it even tho it appears clean. Message keeps coming on in dash, what else can I do????
do you have surge brakes or eoh brakes whats year is your myco trailer? i am putting on brakerite moduele hopefully thats will solve my problam, if not then a new aftermarket brake controller.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
do you have surge brakes or eoh brakes whats year is your myco trailer? i am putting on brakerite moduele hopefully thats will solve my problam, if not then a new aftermarket brake controller.
I posted over on Serious about this also... cut and paste from my comment over there...

We started getting the Top Gun truck, trailer etc ready for the journey South next week, Craig and Kent asked the question last week about the controller... we purchased the Module the other day ($79) from MYCO, in stock and shipped that day, Kent (Tantra) installed at his shop and we tested it last night, worked perfectly.... Pictures show the Module installed on top of the battery box, sorry for the terrible pictures but all I had was my Blackberry and it was raining and cloudy out...

I will let Tantra chime in for the paticulars as I have no idea what he did to install it!!!!

Hope this helps anyone in same situation... Pat
Attached Thumbnails trailer disconnect breaks lock up-img00049.jpg   trailer disconnect breaks lock up-img00050.jpg   trailer disconnect breaks lock up-img00051.jpg