Notices

Question about a rise drawbar

Old 10-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about a rise drawbar

Ok, I have a full size Chevy Express Van with a 5.7 to tow my 25' Rage. I've already searched and found the Putnam Class V hitch upgrade becuase the original equipment is maxed out and the upgrade is cheap insurance.

The van tows the boat great but the location of the hitch makes for a nose down tow. I need to go up at least 12" to get close to level.

Does anyone know the tongue weight of my trailer/boat approx. and how will an inverted dropbar effect the hitch and tongue weight capacity.

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.adventurerv.net/diversite...h-p-11502.html

I would think this would work for you if you're under 10,000 lbs. and I know you're under 1500 for tongue weight.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boat and trailer should weigh in under 5000 lbs. I would think. The dry weight on boat is 3700 lbs., without fuel and gear. If you have the standard factory hitch on an Express van this sould handle this weight with no problem, I have a 2004 GMC 1500 with standard hitch that I tow with. The raised draw bar should not be a problem.

Mike