Notices

Brake controler

Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake controler

I have a 07 GMC with the factory brake controler. I am looking for a elec over hyd trailer disc brake system that will work with my factory brake controller.
Does anyone have a name or website for this system?
Most people seem to just add an aftermarket controller but it would be nice to use the existing one in the truck.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your trailer's builder should be able to help you out.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The trailer currently has surge brakes I am going to change over to elec over hyd. I don't want to have to add a brake controler if possible. So the trailer builder would not help on this.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered

brakerite makes an adapter for gm's and fords so they work with eoh brakes,like $75,,i was also told you can just hook a electric brake magnet in line,so the controler see's a ping ,but i haven't tryed it yet
Old 11-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered

I'm kinda caught in the middle of a EOH trailer with an older electric controller in truck now. I thought I had problems with my controller but found a calipier hose was vise gripped off,calipier falling off with only one brake pad in it!!! I already ordered a new contoller for EOH brakes but will fix my trailer before installing a new controller. My point being is my Brakerite EOH system states and I quote "WORKS WITH ALL CONTROLLERS"
So my controller my only be for electric brakes but Brakerite states it should work. The way I think about it is the EOH pump works with 12 volts, more volts eqeals more pump pressure to trailer brakes just like an electric brake magnet works also.... I would contact a few companys first and get there facts and go from there. If I'm wronge about how these work,someone please chime in. I just would like to learn as much as poss.