Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Aluminum Trailer for 33 Cigarette Cafe Open >

Aluminum Trailer for 33 Cigarette Cafe Open

Notices

Aluminum Trailer for 33 Cigarette Cafe Open

Old 02-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aluminum Trailer for 33 Cigarette Cafe Open

So I've been searchig for a "cheap" used aluminum trailer hoping to score a Myco because I really can't afford a new one...

I've not been too successful in my search and have started looking into new trailers from Loadmaster, Nextrail and the like. It seems I may be able to find something from one of these guys in my price range.

I did a search and see some positive and some negative on both these brands(mostly from the hater Myco owners...LOL)

My question is does anyone ahve any recent feedback on Nextrail or Loadmaster and while I am leaning towards a triple axle(10,000lb) trailer, I'm told that is overkill for my boat and I shouldbe looking at a tandem trailer..

Any thought or opinons on this or any other brands I should consider?

My price range is 5K or less and I know I'm going to catch a load a crap for this, but the truth is that I don't trailer often. the boat is bottom painted and I really only will use the trailer 2x per year.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

of the ones you mentioned, I had a nextrail under my furmula, it towed fine .
Old 02-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Sean,
I just purchased a 33 open in Ohio and pulled it 500 miles to NJ on a Nextrail triple axle. It pulled great.. never felt the weight behind me. Awesome trailer. Awesome boat also.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a custom Nextrail fo my 28 A/T. This is mt first experiance with electric/hydraulic disk brakes. Led, torsion axles, wheels,polished, loaded. Tows great ,looks great. Doug
Old 02-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered

Thx guys...I spoke with Tom at Nextrail and sounds like he's been doing this forever... Pretty knowledgable guy. He tells me I need a triple axle 10k trailer with surge brakes on one axle only and the boat weighs 7500 lbs....no need for elec over hyd... Told me that is a waste of money...

Glen...can you tell me what model Nextrail you have under your boat? that would go a long way to convincing me what i need.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Sean
Thx guys...I spoke with Tom at Nextrail and sounds like he's been doing this forever... Pretty knowledgable guy. He tells me I need a triple axle 10k trailer with surge brakes on one axle only and the boat weighs 7500 lbs....no need for elec over hyd... Told me that is a waste of money...

Glen...can you tell me what model Nextrail you have under your boat? that would go a long way to convincing me what i need.
IF you only need one axel with a surge break on a 33' boat plus say 1000-1500 min for a trailer probably more like 2500lbs then I dont want to be in front of you when you try to stop. If that is what a trailer guy is telling you I would look for a different dealer. If you have to emergency stop and dont make it someone is going to be paying out the ass for stupididty in my opinion.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean

Got this exact trailer. Bought it new and picked it up in Ocala at the factory. The trailer is 5 years old and carries my 32 Sunsation nicely. Trailer has about 15,000 miles on it and other than a rebuild last year (rust caught up with the leaf springs/brakes etc.). 3 axle 10,500 lbs with surge on the first axle.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Anchorman
IF you only need one axel with a surge break on a 33' boat plus say 1000-1500 min for a trailer probably more like 2500lbs then I dont want to be in front of you when you try to stop. If that is what a trailer guy is telling you I would look for a different dealer. If you have to emergency stop and dont make it someone is going to be paying out the ass for stupididty in my opinion.

It is aluminum not steel, I believe it weighs about 2K lbs.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/boa/1597724044.html
Old 02-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Registered

that one's been "modified" previous owner cut it up to fit his inboard boat...

I do apprecaite the lead though...

I think I may just go with the Nextrail...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.