Notices

Tranny slipping off the line.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
The 4R100 you get from FOMOCO is rebuilt.

Sam
Yes i know..but it comes with a warranty and seems to work better than any independent rebuilt one. I like the fact that ford will warranty it..three years or 36,000 i think. Most shops won't go that long. Also i remember some telling me in 02 they did an upgrade to the tranny, and that upgrade is in all the ones they sell. I was going off three trucks i know that tried to have independent shops build them and they always had something wrong. One story was much like this one. Once they went and bought the ford one, there have been no problems since. Maybe their rebuilds are under tighter specs or something. Now I have heard of very good success with modified ones from a couple companies, but don't remember any of the company names anymore as I got out of my 02 five years ago. I think they send you a complete trans in the crate and you send them back...

hopefully it is just a pinched seal or something and can be fixed easily.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I am extreamly happy. Brian at Brians Truck Stop (BTS) is going to take care of me. He said to pull it out and there is no question that he will fix it for me. How is that for service! The rebuild was about 4 years ago.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Well I am extreamly happy. Brian at Brians Truck Stop (BTS) is going to take care of me. He said to pull it out and there is no question that he will fix it for me. How is that for service! The rebuild was about 4 years ago.
that is good service. Hope he fixes the problem. Think I read about his shop in my diesel power mag. He makes some serious power in a lot of different trucks.