Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Converting from bumper pull to gooseneck... >

Converting from bumper pull to gooseneck...

Notices

Converting from bumper pull to gooseneck...

Old 04-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Converting from bumper pull to gooseneck...

Anyone done it or know anyone who has?

I have a slammed 95 Chevy dually, currently 5/8 drop, that I am about to Air Bag so I can lay frame, only problem is this is my tow vehicle as well and I am trying to make it dual purpose...

Any way it was just a thought/idea I had...
Old 04-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had bagged duallys before and steel dumps. towed off the bumper on both. The frod was rollpanned out and we took a class 5 hitch with no problems chevy as well. The big trailershops can do it. Our local Sundowner seller said they would convert mine but never needed it done. I also hae a frind now at OK truck and trailers that they own the trailer manu*** plant here in Pauls Valley as another option.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

IMHO, don't drop the dually. Dress it up nice with wheels and accessories, but you need all the native capacity to be legal and sufficient for towing heavy loads.

I've got a dropped 2-door 2WD Tahoe for customizing and daily driving. The dually is staying stock suspension.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-08-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well its already static dropped 5 in the front and 8 in the rear with a bolt on C-notch and the axle has been flipped on top of springs.

I know a lot of guys on the dually truck forum I get on said that with a properly set up Bag over axle and parallel 4-link it would be no problem and since I have to build a big C-notch with a bridge and what not I figured why not go to a gooseneck setup for better towing and maneuverability...