Notices

Scamming

Old 04-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scamming

What is up with people.

I have been talking with this girl for a few days about a truck she has and she says that she was divorced and has this truck she doesnt want and needs money for debt incurred.

Then I get this email about ebay and she is going to ship me the truck and Ill have 5 days to inspect and then send money and if I dont want it she will pay to ship it back. Hell its just 4 hrs away in VA.

What is the world coming to?

I had some discussions with eBay and they told me that they can help me and you to finalize this transaction fast and safe. I want to tell you that we will use eBay in this transaction in order for both of us to be 100% protected and insured by them. eBay will supervise this transaction so there won`t be any problems. They will take care of the shipping and all the small details. You will get the truck and you will have 5 days of inspection in which you can decide if you buy the truck or not. If you won`t like my truck (not your case) you notify eBay and you send the truck back on my cost,if you want to keep it you announce eBay to send me the money (payment method and all the details will be set up by eBay) and you keep the truck.

eBay will send you an invoice at your email in which you will see how to start this transaction and in which you can see that this transaction is legit. Please get back to me with your full name and full address so i can forward your details to eBay in order for you to receive the invoice.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have come to the conclusion that craigslist, is 80% scammers.

Julie
Old 04-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by apppedigree
What is up with people.

I have been talking with this girl for a few days about a truck she has and she says that she was divorced and has this truck she doesnt want and needs money for debt incurred.

Then I get this email about ebay and she is going to ship me the truck and Ill have 5 days to inspect and then send money and if I dont want it she will pay to ship it back. Hell its just 4 hrs away in VA.

What is the world coming to?

I had some discussions with eBay and they told me that they can help me and you to finalize this transaction fast and safe. I want to tell you that we will use eBay in this transaction in order for both of us to be 100% protected and insured by them. eBay will supervise this transaction so there won`t be any problems. They will take care of the shipping and all the small details. You will get the truck and you will have 5 days of inspection in which you can decide if you buy the truck or not. If you won`t like my truck (not your case) you notify eBay and you send the truck back on my cost,if you want to keep it you announce eBay to send me the money (payment method and all the details will be set up by eBay) and you keep the truck.

eBay will send you an invoice at your email in which you will see how to start this transaction and in which you can see that this transaction is legit. Please get back to me with your full name and full address so i can forward your details to eBay in order for you to receive the invoice.

DITTO, had the same thing happened last week. Looking at Lexus cars and found one on autotrader. He wanted to do the deal thru Ebay so i would be "Protected". Guy wouldnt let me come view it but would ship it free of charge for my inspection. All i had to do was send him the funds. UHHH PHUCK NO..

Last edited by endeavor1; 04-19-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by throttleup

Julie
Don't forget, Craigslist has hookers too...... Cheap ugly toothless ones that you wouldn't buy for you worst enemy, but hookes none the less...
Old 04-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by throttleup

Julie
i have bought 2 camera lens's off of craigslist and also a golfcart with no problems but i bought local and went to and looked at before i bought
Old 04-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered

The weird thing is that if I read this correctly...she is going to send the thing to me...give me 5 days to decide if I want it...and then I can either pay or send back on her dime.

This is so weird. Usually they ask you to pay first.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Maybe she's a hooker??
Old 04-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Registered

Probably , because if you give her the info she needs to send you an invoice, she can hack and use your eBay account .
Old 04-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dookie
Probably , because if you give her the info she needs to send you an invoice, she can hack and use your eBay account .
I dont use ebay so that is out of the question. I told her to produce a title and Ill produce cash and Ill be there in 4 hrs. Ill see where it goes.

Im sure dead in the water.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Its just another BS scam thats all i go along with all of them and see how far i can string then. I enjoy it like a game
-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.