Notices

Excursion market

Old 04-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine off ebay, everything it had done to it was good tastefull mods, he put it up for 7 days I saw it just a few hours in, it said he had it listed locally and may remove it. I called asked if he would take 20k for it if I could get there in 24 hours. He said sure, I hopped a plane to NY. looked at it handed him 20k cash he then gave me 500 back because he tore the seat when he was taking all his stuff out. Niced guy and gave me a good feeling he wasnt BSing me plus it was from out west and very clean.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
I got mine off ebay, everything it had done to it was good tastefull mods, he put it up for 7 days I saw it just a few hours in, it said he had it listed locally and may remove it. I called asked if he would take 20k for it if I could get there in 24 hours. He said sure, I hopped a plane to NY. looked at it handed him 20k cash he then gave me 500 back because he tore the seat when he was taking all his stuff out. Niced guy and gave me a good feeling he wasnt BSing me plus it was from out west and very clean.
Got any pics?
Old 04-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Registered

I'll have to look and see if my son has some, I have never been a big picture guy. I don't even own a camera aside from the crappy one on my phone. I know I don't have any with the new front on it maybe if I clean it this weekend I will get my sons camera and take some.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Registered

i love my V10 2005.. i was looking into a 6.0 turbo but the prices were out of this world. i upgraded to 373 gears and did a 3in kit. i'm only pulling a 23OL (6K lbs) so i can't even feel it behind the truck..

Old 04-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Ex

I have an 02 with the 7.3. I love this vehicle, room for 7 adults and pulls my 31 Chris Cat with ease. Bought it 5 yrs ago off lease w 60k miles for 25k...new ones were 52k All the ones you are finding are high miles as they are getting old. I strongly suggest the 7.3 and do a couple simple mods.The prices just dont seem to drop because there is nothing comparable made since.Decent mile ones seem to still fetch low 20's ...don't wait too long, there are not many nice ones left. Dieselstop.com has a forum just for the EX. Good Luck with your search
Old 04-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
I've got a 2000 7.3 that I've been thinking of selling. Let me know if interested.
You're a long way from CT, but I guess it couldn't hurt. Shoot me an email, bowenct at charter dot net.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Registered

father in law liked mine so much he bought the last new 05 in the area, i think he has 22k on it, so i will always have a spare! :
Old 04-22-2010, 06:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ok I have a question about the excursions are they a 1/2 ton towing rating and is there a 3/4 ton rating for them? I have a 1/2 ton suburban and tow a 27 foot Baja which does ok but I think it's close to it limit so we are wanting to find something in a 3/4 Ford or GM with a gas motor and the Ford I want the
V10. I'm not a diesel fan and it wouldn't be driven a lot except for a couple trips a year or some local driving.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by STUCK
Ok I have a question about the excursions are they a 1/2 ton towing rating and is there a 3/4 ton rating for them? I have a 1/2 ton suburban and tow a 27 foot Baja which does ok but I think it's close to it limit so we are wanting to find something in a 3/4 Ford or GM with a gas motor and the Ford I want the
V10. I'm not a diesel fan and it wouldn't be driven a lot except for a couple trips a year or some local driving.
The Excursion is a 1-ton rated truck. A 3/4 in a Ford would be an F-250.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:33 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by BowenCT
The Excursion is a 1-ton rated truck. A 3/4 in a Ford would be an F-250.
Depends on the truck and any after-factory OEM parts swaps. Most of them are akin to an F-250 in springs, blocks, brakes, suspension, etc. etc.

Many folks swap front springs and blocks which make it the same as an F-350 CC SB would roll off the factory floor.

They often (not always--depends on options) have an 11,000 lbs tow rating.

That said, air-bags and wider wheels and tires (vs. OEM) go a long way to help the towing stability of the Ex.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.