Notices

Questions about transporting

Old 05-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about transporting

The place I bought my boat from in NV hired a hauler to bring it here to MD. I got a text this morning from the hauler that he's already blown two tires and messed up one rim and he's not even to TX yet. Says he's staying under 65 and doing his best to avoid bumps in the road. Even tho the tires look fine he thinks they might be a little dry rotted from the environment down there.

So am I responsible to pay for the new tires? What about the rim? Is this for insurance (mine or his)?

I've never had anything hauled for me before so I'm trying to find out if I'm going to be getting a bill when he gets here.

Thanks.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who is paying for the haul? Have you paid for the boat yet? Is the trailer part of the deal? Is the deal contingent on the safe delivery to you or did you finalize the deal and they are just helping you get the boat hauled to you?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ted G
Who is paying for the haul? Have you paid for the boat yet? Is the trailer part of the deal? Is the deal contingent on the safe delivery to you or did you finalize the deal and they are just helping you get the boat hauled to you?
I negotiated that the seller had to cover the cost of the haul so that I didn't have to pay out of pocket for it. Trailer is part of the deal and my bank has already wired the money to the seller. I figure, as far as the seller is concerned, the deal is complete and any problems would be on me or the hauler.

Just got a text from the hauler, flats are fixed and damaged rim has been smoothed out. Headed out of Albuuerque, NM now.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Registered

Old trailer tires suck. I bet its 90 degrees out there and the tires are blistering. I think this ones on you. Best bet is to buy all new tires and be done with it. I had same thing years ago but I was pulling trailer. Ended up stoping like 3 times replacing 1 tire at a time. Should have just did all 4 first shot.
just my 2 cents
Old 05-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Banned

The place I bought my boat from in NV hired a hauler to bring it here to MD. I got a text this morning from the hauler that he's already blown two tires and messed up one rim and he's not even to TX yet.

The tire and rim problems pale in comparison to the fact that he can't read an Atlas. Did you ask him why the hell he would be going to Texas from Nevada to get to Maryland?? Maybe after he leaves Texas he'll be heading to Illinois.

Last edited by Catmando; 05-05-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Yeah, it sounds like it is your trailer, your boat, and your expense. Any tires that survive the trip should probably be suspect when they get here. A lot of haulers will not use your trailer for this reason and will want to flat bed the whole rig. I guess this guy looked it over and figured it would be good, so you probably got a decent trailer out of the deal.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Registered

So chances are, expect to reimburse the hauler.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
Old trailer tires suck. I bet its 90 degrees out there and the tires are blistering. I think this ones on you. Best bet is to buy all new tires and be done with it. I had same thing years ago but I was pulling trailer. Ended up stoping like 3 times replacing 1 tire at a time. Should have just did all 4 first shot.
just my 2 cents
I just got another text, a 3rd tire has blown and the hauler said he is just going to replace them all in the next town. Guess he got sick of changing tires in the middle of nowhere...
Old 05-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by handfulz28
So chances are, expect to reimburse the hauler.
Alright, thanks for the info.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
The tire and rim problems pale in comparison to the fact that he can't read an Atlas. Did you ask him why the hell he would be going to Texas from Nevada to get to Maryland?? Maybe after he leaves Texas he'll be heading to Illinois.
i know thats right....i just hope he isnt charging extra for the detour...but at the same time, UT and CO has been having alot of snow....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.